Nineteen

Shawn's POV:

I watched as Alexa quickly started the car with a huge smile plastered across her face.

Shawn: "what?" I asked "where are we going?"

Alexa: "now you see babe, if I tell you, then where's the fun in that?" She smirked

I sighed and leaned back into my chair as she began to drive. We were listening to a playlist she had on her phone.

Shawn: "why don't you ever listen to the radio?" I asked

Alexa: "cause the radio doesn't usually play what I wanna listen to" she shrugged

We made small talk and listened to music until 'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams came on and her entire face lit up.

Alexa: "omg I love this song!" She squealed while turning it up.

Shawn: "Ally, this song is literally older than you" I said, laughing.

Alexa: "exactly! So it doesn't play on the radio anymore! Geez Shawn you're slow" she laughed. 

Shawn: "Hey!" I said while playfully pushing her shoulder

She smiled and began to sing along to the music.

Alexa: "I got my first real six-string, bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it 'til my fingers bled, was the summer of sixty-nine" she began singing.

I sang along until the chorus started and we were both screaming the lyrics

Oh, when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

We screamed the lyrics until the song eventually came to an end and we both calmed down.

Alexa: "see, that's a hit right there" she said smiling

I always knew that Ally wasn't like other girls, but I'm really seeing a whole new side to her tonight. She's special, she's really different, but in the best way. How did I get so lucky?

In the midst of my thoughts, the music suddenly stopped, catching my attention.

Alexa: "crap" she muttered

Shawn: "what?"

Alexa: "my phone died"

Shawn: "aw that's too bad, I guess we HAVE to put on the radio now..." I smirked

Alexa: "I hate you" she said, but I could tell she was joking by the smile on her face and the way she playfully hit my arm.

I laughed as I leaned forward to turn on the radio while she was driving.

Radio: "this next song is the newest release by the chart topping, hit sensations, One Direction! This one's called 'Night Changes.' Enjoy everybody."

Alexa all of a sudden went silent. She just looked ahead without making any sudden movements.

Shawn: "should I change it? Do you not like One Direction?" I asked, confused by her sudden change in demeanor.

Alexa: "no, no, it's perfect" she said, still not making eye contact.

The moonlight was shining through the windshield, illuminating her face. I studied her features closely, and realized that as the song was playing, her eyes were beginning to glisten.

Why was she crying?

***
Author's Note:
Thanks for reading chapter 19!
If you want to follow me on my socials, my Instagram is @1d.mendes_updates
and my Twitter is @OneDirecShawn98
Love you guys! -ShawnsDirectionxx
❣️❣️❣️