01

jimin’s eyes were fixated on the effulgent screen of his cell phone, leaning against the chair in his minuscule dining room, millions of rushed thoughts flooding his brain, and concern written all over his face

jimin’s eyes were fixated on the effulgent screen of his cell phone, leaning against the chair in his minuscule dining room, millions of rushed thoughts flooding his brain, and concern written all over his face. sleek bleached hair, hung over his forehead, scarcely touching his eyebrows, and on his sweetly plump lips was a subtle layer of gloss. eyelashes fluttering and blush creeping upon his cheeks, park jimin was quite a sight to behold.

🍁

his best friend hoseok, also a dancer, had bought a fairly small room not far from the grocery store that he lived above, and where jimin spent most of the time. he had spent the last months working to transform it into a dance studio. the last repaints had been completed and it was now open for use, and jimin was extremely excited to go and practice.

🍁

he was brought back to reality when his screen lit up, and a number appeared. finally, he thought. he clicked ‘reply’ and put the phone to his ear whilst getting up and slipping on his green parka. a seemingly tired voice came from the other end.

“hello, it’s your uber driver, calling to inform you that i’ll be there in about five minutes,”

jimin breathed out a sigh of relief.

“that’s ok, thanks,” he smiled before hanging up and slinging his bag over his shoulder. five minutes was approximately what jimin took to tie his shoelaces, letting out frustrated mini-shrieks as he got them wrong once again, his childish manners being a part of his daily life.

stumbling out, with a bottle of still water nearly falling out from his bag, a shoe funnily untied, and a picture-worth look of worry, he waited for the car to come. gazing at the early morning of the city, he playfully crunched the fallen leaves of the now-gone autumn below his feet, anxiously bouncing back and forth on his toes.

the car, jet black in colour, skidded to a halt, right in front of where jimin was. the driver, wearing a similar black parka, got out and walked over to his side, holding the door open, his gaze lingering for a moment on his lips, then settling on the ground. he bowed as jimin entered, slumping down on the front seat, his hands between his knees as his white knuckles, on some tiny hands, were numbing, begging for some warmth.

he shivered as the driver pulled his scarf up to his reddened nose, watching warm puffs of fog come out of his dry lips and intruding in the cold air, making it seem like smoke.

settling behind the wheel, the man hesitated for a split-second before, without any visual contact, passing jimin some hand-warmers that were inside his pocket. he desperately took them, their fingers subtly grazing past each other. a quick ‘thank you’  was muttered before the driver put his keys in, starting the roaring of the engine, as the vehicle took off around the road to the dance studio.

🍁