02

his arms and legs were suspended in mid air as he leapt across the room, thighs prominent and muscular

his arms and legs were suspended in mid air as he leapt across the room, thighs prominent and muscular. His eyes lay closed, and time seemed to pause as he twirled, landing ever so softly on the ground again. his teary gaze was clouded by melancholy as the music that was playing through the speakers invaded his heart, and ran through his veins.

he put both of his arms in front of him, as if he were reaching for something, while taking grand, eloquent steps forward. he threw his head back as he collapsed onto the floor with silent grace. finishing in an alluring position, his chest heaving as the music stopped.

he heard enthusiastic clapping as he slowly got up.
jimin...that was beautiful,” hoseok gasped. jimin blushed with pride and ruffled a hand through his sweaty hair, walking over to pause the music as the next track began playing, shaking him out of his trance.

hoseok handed him a phone and jimin anxiously went to sit in the corner of the room, replaying the recording of his dance over and over again, searching for possible mistakes, but surprisingly he found none.

“I...I actually did well...right?” he glanced back to where hobi was practicing a particular move that he just didn’t manage to do correctly, and he stopped immediately in horror, running towards jimin and snatching the phone out of his hands.

“well? just well? jimin, for fucks sake, you could apply to the best dance academies of the whole world!” he shrieked.

jimin giggled at his occurrence and shook his head.

“ah, but of course cuddly park jimin couldn’t leave his damn stupid cat alone,”

“hey! minji has feelings! and besides, I wouldn’t want to leave you alone either,” he stated with a wink.

hoseok raised an eyebrow. “I would go with you, you asswipe! are you saying that i’m not good enough? I’m jung hoseok!” he laughed while hitting him with a towel.

jimin hit him back, involuntarily starting a towel fight and an afternoon of joking around in the cafeteria.

🍁

the same driver came to pick him up that evening. jimin noticed his eyes were droopy, just like in the morning. did this man not get any sleep?

he glanced out of the window as they passed various restaurants, signs and neon lights, and small trees on the sidewalk. he started to get bored on the ride home, and turned to where his driver was sat, staring nonchalantly at the road before him.

he liked a bit of chatting with his drivers...and this one was certainly not engaging in any conversation whatsoever.

“so...what do you do for a living?” jimin mentally facepalmed himself, over and over again.

jimin, you fucked up.

“oh sorry...uber of course, haha,” he subtly laughed.

“I’m a dancer, you see,” his face lit up.

the driver just raised an eyebrow, eyes still on the street.

“d-do you...like to dance?” he watched his face for any sign of an expression.

he simply scoffed.

“well, tell me your name at least?” jimin crossed his arms, starting to get annoyed.

and now yes, the driver finally stopped the car, getting out. he noticed his look was always plastered onto the floor. how could someone live that way, without appreciating the true beauty of life?

“fine,” Jimin mumbled. “don’t tell me your name then,” he said as the older held the door out for him to climb out. he bowed again as he slowly walked past him.

the driver muttered something as jimin was about to leave.

“w-what was that?” jimin stepped back, eyes meeting those of who had spoken.

min yoongi,” he said in a rather husky voice, and jimin swore he could see the slightest hint of a smile on his lips. he grinned to himself, eyes forming into crescent moons, the older’s widening at the peculiar reaction.

🍁

at least he had gotten his name, jimin thought. min yoongi...he hummed to himself as he strode into the apartment, leaning inside the elevator.

meanwhile, min yoongi had his bony hands on the wheel, but his mind somewhere else. he made a ‘tsk’ sound with his tongue as the overly-cheerful dancer came to his thoughts.

the headlights of his car lit up the whole road as he drove back.

🍁