09

yoongi clenched onto the steering wheel, his teeth strongly gritted together as his eyebrows knitted in frustration

he should've brightened up at the sight of jimin, hurrying out of the restaurant, his full tummy being the cause of the calm grin laid across his rosy lips. he should've relaxed, instead of taking it out on the younger.

“get in, we're blocking the traffic,” his tone sent shivers down the boy's spine. his smile vanished, turning into a blatant frown.

he closed the door behind him, rushing towards the black vehicle and stumbling inside, the act of clumsiness provoking a scoff from the driver, who abruptly started going down the road, his twists and turns fast and furious.

🍁

as the car viciously pounced down the road, jimin brought himself to say something.

“h-hyung,”

“what,” he replied in a much more aggressive manner.

“a-are you ok?” his hand, shaking, approximated to his shoulder but before he could touch it yoongi gulped, answering back.

“of course not. you could've walked home, you know that? but instead, park jimin wanted his private uber driver to do the job for him! what a brat…”

those words were like daggers. but jimin was soft at heart, he wouldn't manage to get angry with anyone, even although tears were already starting to form behind his eyes, the heat pricking and causing him to tremble.

hyung… is it a problem for you? im.. im so sorry if you're not c-comfortable with me,” his voice, the unique colour of it, had cracked towards the end of the sentence, snapping the elder back into reality.

he leaned towards the window, the unnerving space between them being too much for yoongi to bear, and realising how he had spoke, he internally cursed at himself. how… how on earth, when jimin was one of the only things that made him smile, had he managed to fuck that up, too? why couldn't he control himself!?

🍁

when they arrived, yoongi pulled the younger by the sleeve of his jacket, tugging him back inside, not to forceful, a hint of gentleness in his actions.

hyung… I got to go now,” jimin frowned, still looking down in shame, at his feet. maybe he really was a brat. but the longing to see yoongi's face again just filled his stomach with butterflies, which were being crushed with every minute of tension between them.

yoongi wanted to spill it all out to him, how his life was complete and utter shit, how it wasn't his fault, that he had just taken it out on him. instead he muttered a quiet “sorry,” and looked at his glossy eyes. jimin found himself staring at his pleading gaze.

he nodded, still not cheerful as he usually was, still a bit hurt.

and this time he did leave, disappearing behind the main door of the complex, his steps slow and weak.

the raven haired’s face fell onto the steering wheel, groaning. “I fucked up…” he thought over and over again.

🍁