16

“oh

“oh.. hey joon! ” a silky voice resounded through the kitchen of jin's restaurant of the older as he quickly answered the call. he picked up a plate, the phone between his shoulder and his head as he busied himself with the dishes.

namjoon nodded, sighing profoundly as he scratched his head at the other end of the line.

“so…uh, how's your friend?”

“I went to check up on him like I told you yesterday. I'm so worried jin…”

jin pursed his lips, frowning, turning the tap on as the phone threatened to fall off his shoulder.

“but, has he gotten any better?”

“no! he keeps on destroying himself! im supposed to be a good friend but I can't help him! im supposed to take care of him!” by now namjoon was tugging at his hair in dismay.

“oh but joon, don't blame yourself. you're an amazing friend and you always try your best to comfort your companions,”

“jin, I failed once, and I'm about to do it again,”

the older gulped, making a sign to the other chef so that he could take over as he went into the back room for some more privacy.

“it wasn't your fault. his mind was..completely lost,”

the olive-skinned gritted his teeth.

“but I could have prevented what happened,”

“shut up namjoon! why do you keep beating yourself up for it! it's done, you can't turn back in time! what happened with him was not your fault, or anyone else's! you keep harming yourself because of it! I need the old joon back! stop clinging onto the past!” the older started to frown, his eyes now pooling in worry.

joon started to sniff, his mature image collapsing as he clutched the phone to his chest.

“joonie? please don't do this to yourself…”

“I…jin…”

“j-joon…i didn't mean to scream. just…just promise me you'll try and move on,”

the taller hiccuped and nodded.

“joonie…you know i can't see if you're nodding,” the older smiled with teary eyes.

namjoon chuckled in between his tears and muttered a small ‘thank you jin’ before hanging up.

the latter sighed and wiped his eyes, looking up at the ceiling. my boy…

he's turning into a man.

🍁