Chapter One

I Can Do This

Today. Today is the day I will prove everyone wrong about how moving to L.A. was not a mistake! I told myself in the car while my best friend is driving me to my audition. I have always wanted to be an actress, and I've always planned on doing it after high school because I wouldn't be a child anymore, and therefore, no one could stop me. So, as soon as I graduated high school, I packed my bags and my best friend and I moved to L.A. We've always been through everything together, but it's truly amazing how we both want to do the same thing.

"We're here." Y/BSF/N calls from the driver seat. I instantly sat up, and tried to stop myself from shaking. She told me that everything is going to be okay. And for some reason I believed her. This is my first audition (well if you don't count plays and musicals in high school) and its way more scarier than I thought it would be. I say, "Thanks," and I put my purse on my shoulder as Y/BSF/N hands me my script.

I walked into the building and sat in one of the seats waiting for my name to be called. There are separate rooms for the boys and the girls. I looked around and actually recognized a few of the people in the room. I tried not to psych myself out so instead I just started daydreaming about how smooth the audition will go.

Sadly, that daydream ended when I heard them call Y/N L/N. I raised my hand and said, "That's me." The nice woman who was dressed quite professionally said, "Right this way." I looked down at my clothes (I was wearing a nude/light pink shirt with baby blue jeans that I finished off with pink and white plaid flats) and imagined the character Emma who I was auditioning for wear this. My agent told me to wear something I feel my character would most likely wear. And this is what I imagined seeing on her. I walked through the door and saw who knows how many cameras everywhere. I put my bag down on the first table I saw and stood there with my script. They showed me where to stand and then started recording. They started by asking me a few questions about myself. But, when they asked me if I had been in and other movies or shows I awkwardly said, "No ma'am".

Everyone introduced themselves to me and told me their names which I knew I wouldn't remember. They told me they were ready when I was. It wasn't so bad because there were only five people in the room. So, I took a deep breath but because this was a romantic scene and it was hard to act because there wasn't another person. I always practiced with Y/BSF/N which made it easier. But I told myself that a great actress doesn't need anything or in this case anyone to act with.