Chapter Eight

Did he Just...?

When everyone arrived Lucas stood up and gave a toast about how he was thankful for everyone on the team. He also said that hes very thankful to have an onscreen and offscreen friendship with everyone, and at the moment he looked at me and I just froze.

I smiled casually at him and he said one final thank you to everyone. He sat down next to me and asked me what I wanted to eat. I was staring helplessly at the menu. "Um, I think i'll have the Zuppa Toscana soup, can you show me where its at?" I said feeling stupid. I know its a buffet but there is so much food that it would take me an hour just to find the soup. "Sounds good. And over here." He said walking me toward all the food.

I got a bowl and put some soup in it along with a few pieces of bread. After he showed me where the soup was, he went to go get his own food. I found my own way back to the table and when I sat back down Sophia who plays Lauren, Blake's younger sister (Lucas plays Blake) and Noah who plays Lauren's best friend both asked me how my first day was. I told them it was amazing! It honestly was amazing. I am finally getting to do what I know I was always meant to be doing. I started eating some of my soup when I said, "I do have a question," Sophia gave me a nod to go ahead and ask what it is. "Well, Lucas and I have a kissing scene next week, and I have never done something like that." I said with a sweet but serious look on my face.

"Wait!" She said louder than I intended. "You have never kissed someone?" She asked. "Oh my gosh no no no I have."I said laughing a little bit. "I have. I have just never kissed anyone through acting before." I said still kind of laughing. "Oh, phew. Well just don't read into it to much. And besides its just acting." She told me. "Yeah that's what Lucas said," I said with a disappointed smile on my face. Sophia just said, "Yeah".

I went to go tell them both something but before I could finish saying it Sophia and Noah both coughed. I turned around and saw Lucas coming with his plates to take his seat. He sat down and said, "What are you guys talking about?" This time Noah, Sophia and I all said, "Nothing!" together. He said, "Okay" with a confused look.

I thought about how close that was. It would have been terrible if he heard what I was going to say. But I got a feeling Sophia and Noah already knew what I was going to say because they both were giving looks all through lunch. And kept winking and raising there eyebrows at me, which only made me blush and giggle.