Chapter Five

First Day | Part One |

Weeks after preparing myself for the first day of filming, I actually think I'm ready. Lets just say the table reads were way easier. I'm not going to let my ego get in the way. I woke up and got dressed and made sure I didn't put to much makeup on because I knew I would have to end up taking it all off for hair and makeup anyway. The first few weeks really helped me to get to know the other cast members. We all hung out a few times and I already consider myself apart of the family. Well, there is one person I haven't gotten to know very well. I have hardly spoken to Lucas since the re-auditions. The only other time we've "spoken" was when we were saying our lines for the table read. And I don't count that because we had to say it. Neither one us has walked up to each other and started a conversation.

To be honest I have barely seen him. He missed a ton of the table reads, and was always busy when the cast and I made plans to hangout. But I stopped thinking about how incredibly awkward it would be today.

I arrived on set and the assistant director told me where to go for hair and makeup. She also showed me where my trailer is. MY OWN TRAILER! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I screamed in my head. When I found my trailer, it had my name on the door. "Wow this is crazy," I said as I opened the door and walked in. There was a sink, a shower, a table, and even a couch! "Today just keeps getting better and better," I happily said. I saw my contract on the table and I took a few minutes to re-read over everything before I signed it. Then I saw my first wardrobe outfit hanging up. I didn't have much time to explore, so I threw my purse on the couch and went to change into my clothes.

Minutes later I hear the Assistant Director call us to the hair and makeup trailer. I walked in and saw everyone else finding their seats. I saw my name on the mirror next to the seat Lucas was sitting in. "Oh, great" I said a little annoyed. I walked over and sat down when two people come over and introduce themselves to me. Lily is in charge of my hair and Madeline is in charge of my makeup. They put a cape around me and told me it was to ensure nothing happens to my outfit while getting me ready. I had my hair in a bun and when the girl untied my hair and it fell behind me everyone was shocked and looked at me weirdly. I guess I looked uncomfortable because Madeline whispered to me and said, "It's your hair. It's really long." "Wait is that a problem? because i'm not willing to cut my hair. Oh my gosh maybe this was a mistake." I said panicking. "No no no no no, it fine. Just breathe and take a deep breath." Madeline reassured me.

I thought it was weird that they just realized that now, but then I remembered that every time they have seen me I've always had my hair up in a bun. I stopped looking at everyone and looked at myself in the mirror in front of me.