Chapter Sixteen

Beginning of the End

I woke up and did my daily routine: didn't put on any makeup, tied my hair into a bun, got dressed and then left. I stopped at at the store to quickly get a salad. I wouldn't have time to go out and eat today because I am filming almost all day long.

Then I did my daily routine for set. After I was done in the hair and make up trailer I headed over to set around 8:30. My first scene was of me getting into a huge fight because I had just lost everything. This scene wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I channeled all of the anger I felt when my mom was disappointed that I wanted to move to L.A. I had a short lunch break after that and went back to my trailer and ate my salad. I had to change into something else and completely re-do my makeup because I am filming a scene that takes place the next day in the movie.

This was the scene that I am suppose to kiss Lucas. But I haven't seen him today. Not trying to be a twelve year old scared little girl I went and once again took my mark. I was taking deep breath's when Lucas tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Hey." I turned around and said, "Hey." "You ready?" he asked me. "Ready as i'll ever be," I said believing it more as I said it.

"Places!" Alexandria called to all of us. Lucas walked over to his mark. The scene was where he finally confesses to me that he has feelings for me. That I am suppose to tell him I feel the same. Thinking about it we have technically already did this scene. Our scene actually went pretty well. But when it came to the kiss I got to nervous. What if i'm a terrible onscreen kisser? The questions kept appearing in my head. Then I stopped thinking about that and told myself the only way to find out is to do it.

Here it is. He walked up to me in the scene and placed his hand on my cheek. He looked me into my eyes and kissed me. It was completely different than what I thought it would be. For once I didn't feel like I was acting. It was real.

I didn't hear Alexandria say, "Perfect guys!" And I don't think Lucas did either. We were still standing there kissing, when finally she walked up to us and said, "Guys that was perfect." After that we both backed away. I felt completely embarrassed. I was smiling and putting my hair behind my ear. Alexandria gave a look that said Mhm-I-Know-What's-Going-On-Here. She smiled and then walked away told me to go get ready for my next scene. I was pretty amazed at what happened. I walked back to my trailer and went inside, but what happened next left me questioning if this is the life I want to live.