Chapter Twenty-Four

Damn!

Everyone started screaming all at once. A few of them thought we were joking. But then Lucas walked in cause I assume he heard everyone screaming. He walked over to me and put his hand around my waist. Everyone stopped and stared. Eventually one of my friends, Zoey said, "I thought you brought a friend?" Giving me the oh-I-see-you look. I smiled and after everyone calmed down and by everyone I literally mean only the girls. All the guys were just standing there giving each other looks. But when I looked over at Oliver his face said something completely different. It was pain. It was anger. He couldn't even look at me.

I felt so bad. I wouldn't have brought Lucas if I knew Oliver was going to come. But then I noticed something as well. And I'd like to think I have just as much reason to be angry to. I saw him and Hannah give a look. It was obvious what was going. I could tell they were a "thing". Deep down I always knew it would happen. Hannah had always had a crush on him during high school. Even though she's one of my close friends I couldn't feel any more further away from her. How could she?

Right then and there it made me question everything. If something's going on now, does that mean it happened when we were dating then? I tried not to show I was upset so I grabbed Lucas's hand and said, "Everyone meet Lucas, my boyfriend. And Lucas, meet everyone." They always said hey to each other and then Hannah said, "So, to start this party off, who wants to go swimming?" Everyone said yes and then went to their rooms to change.

By then it was already almost 6 almost 7 p.m. cause we grabbed food before heading to the pool. I told Y/BSF/N that Lucas and I would meet her downstairs at the pool. She said okay and followed everyone else to the pool. I knocked on Lucas's door and he motioned for me to walk in. He apologized for being late; he was finishing unpacking his clothes.

He sat on his bed and I could tell something was bothering him. So I asked and he said, "That one guy, you two used to date." He didn't say it like a question but I answered him anyways , "Yeah."

He looked upset and I wanted him to know that he has absolutely nothing to worry about. "He and I ended things a long time ago. I'm with you now," I said trying to reassure him. "No, I believe you but I can tell he's still in love with you. I mean I understand why he is but it sucks. I saw the way he looked at you when I walked in," Lucas said trying to not seem jealous. I didn't want him to be; he has no reason to be.

While he was sitting on his bed I walked over to him and sat on his lap. He put his hands around my waists as I put my arms around his neck. I looked him in the eyes and said, "You have absolutely nothing to worry about," and then I kissed him. We kept kissing and eventually Lucas laid back on the bed still holding my waist causing me to be on top of him.

We were laying there for a few minutes making out but eventually I told him that we should probably get to the pool. We got up and headed downstairs toward the pool.