Chapter 16:

Dick groaned. Eyes searching the street with a mixture of emotions hidden behind the peace of fabric he called a mask. The most main being boredom of course. Form the rooftop of some apartment building he saw no action once so ever, no robberies, no attempted raps, no mugging, no anything! The thought of a quiet night in the south side of Gotham was unheard of!

The Bat was on the other end of Gotham. Probably having a good old time with some low-level thug. Figures. Of course, he'd get the uneventful night.

"This is totally un-whelming!" A sigh left his lips as he shot his grapple and swung to the next building. A clear frown on his lips as he stopped. Draping his legs over the side of a building he glanced down. He was a good, 4 stories up.

The alley beneath him was one of the cleaner ones. No trash, not as much grime either. Almost no shadows either. 'Probably why it was cleaner, the baddies ideally like there shadows,' his thoughts where the only thing keeping him from dying of boredom. 'I mean-' the echo of footsteps was so loud as to shake him of his thoughts.

His vision snapped to the opening if the alley where a lean figure stood next to a short-haired girl in a wheelchair.  He wasn't close enough to make them out, he stood and took a step back well hearing over the ledge "-meet here? There are cleaner places in the city."

"That have people to hear us Mrs.Crock." Every fiber of his being froze. Lex Luther. The supervillain that had been recently released a few months ago, imprisoned for an attack on the man of steel.

"I don't see why we had to meet in the first place." The women beside him. Mrs. Crock was a Vietnamese woman with shirt dark hair paralyzed from the waist down due to the actions of her Ex-husband. He knew her file well. The women beside him is Artemis's mom.

Eyes narrowing he moved silently across the building and looked for a place to hide. A shadow. There, however, were none present. Except for one on the left corner that was in plain sight. It was slim. But it would have to do.

"Because Mrs.Crock-" he stopped. Eyeing the figure at the top of the building. 'Spotted.' "Maybe another time then." Narrowing his eyes. Watching him walk out. They had nothing to arrest him for. He had to let him go.