Chapter 18:

"That's ridiculous!" The blonde archer screeched well steeping back. Her eyebrows borrowing. Refusing to believe what the Bat was telling her. Refusing to give in to his glare that bore holes into her. "Whoever told you that is lying! My mother has nothing to do with Luthor!" She stepped back again.

"Robin isn't lying." With that, he left the room leaving the ebony at the hands of the furious blonde. The blondes hateful look turned to the bird that had visibly cringed at his mentor's last sentence.

"You did this." She hissed. Taking a threatening step forward.

Wally inched his arm around the bird, a glare directed to the blonde as he pulled the smaller closer. "Leave him alone. He only reported the sighting, it's not his fault that she was with a criminal." Wally grumbled. Setting his head on his shoulder which was tensed as he stared at the floor. His gut sinking. Maybe he would have kept his mouth shut.

Robin's eyes never lifted from the floor. He only leaned into the redheads conferring embrace. "Of course you would take his side!" She yelled turning on her heel. Zatanna gave the bird a disappointed look before flowing the blonde. Only making him lean farther into the comfort of the redhead.

Superboy gave him a look before leaving with the wolf. Aqualad gave him a half-hearted smile before going back to the living room to pick up his book. Mother seemed to care either way.

The bird leaned back into the embrace and stared at the ground. "Birdy, are you okay?" Wally muttered into the small bird's ear. Causing a dull shiver to run done his spine. His voice seemed somewhat soothing as he turned around in the hold and leaned his head on his shoulder.

"The hate me." He whispered trying to keep his voice from cracking. Kidflash frowned and kissed his check.

"No, they don't birdy." Kid mumbled well baring his head in the crook of his neck.

"Artemis sure does." He mumbled well turning slightly to look at the freckle-faced companion. Kid frowned well creasing his check.

"She'll come around." Kid pulled his small frame closer. Cuddling him to his chest.

"You thank so?" He whispered.

"I know so." Sliding his chin up is the two meant eyes. Slowly reaching forward to pull the treacherous sunglasses that hid his sky blue eyes. They were captivating, it was Kid's first glance at the blue orbs he was greeted with. Blinking out of his daze. Only to get caught staring at the plump lips below.

His thumb brushed over the bottom. A pink blush flowed across the youngers face making the older smirk. "I love you Birdy~." He leaned in, lips brushing over the youngers before picking him up causing him to squeak and carrying him out the room.

Turning and breaking free of his hold, "stop it KF." The red blush became prominent on his face. Only making his smirk wider