¤°14°¤

I had ended up wandering around for a bit because North, Markus, and Josh looked to be having a meeting of sorts.

Finally I saw Josh and North leave. I walked in to see Markus leaning against the control panel. Deep in thought.

"Hey Markus?"

"Hm?" He looked up and met my eyes.

"Why is everyone calling me The Rose. What's that Rose saying mean?"

"Do you know how androids look up to Ra9?"
I nodded remembering slightly to a couple crime scenes.

"Well for androids there is a rose who will come around. The Rose isn't meant to love the Ra9. The Rose simply helps Ra9 win the fight for freedom.
" The Rose falls in love with another android though. The Rose shows that love, although having many thorns, will power through and any species can love each other."

What he said was was so confusing.

"I-I still don't get it."

"In time you will. I know you wi-" Markus was interrupted by a voice behind him.

"I've been ordered to take you alive. Although I will shoot if you give me no choice." I saw Markus turn around. That voice sounds familiar.

"You're Connor right? The famous deviant Hunter."

C-Connor?
I stepped out from behind Markus and Connor looked over at me.

He looked shocked yet left his gun trained on Markus. I stepped infront of Markus, getting closer a couple steps.

"Connor, you don't wanna do this."
His gun trained onto me. My breath hitched in my throat.

"I don't want anything. I'm a machine."

"Connor, you haven't ever felt anything? Didn't you want to get closer to Hank? To me?"I asked.
He didn't say anything and looked at Markus, then back to me.

"Hank told me you were worried when I left. I'm sorry I worried you. I assure you, I'm fine."

He continued to say nothing.

"Connor, don't you wanna be free? Don't you want to feel emotions like us. Connor you have to capability to love! You have the capability to feel! I've seen it in you! You need to let yourself free." I exclaimed.

"It's time to decide Connor. Are you a machine or a living being?" Markus said

Connor stayed silent for a moment, staring at me. My eyes welled up in tears. He put down his gun and I smiled. I ran towards him and hugged him. He awkwardly patted my back, still kinda in shock.

"I'm deviant..."

I looked up at him to see him looking down at me. Suddenly, I hear helicopters above me. Connor hadn't let me go yet.

"The humans are coming. They're going to attack Jericho."
I quickly ran over to my bag, grabbing a jacket.

Markus ran off and Connor grabbed my arm and took off.

"Y/n, let me know if you get exhausted." He said in a hurry.

"Okay." We took off with Markus.

After a while of running we met up with North.

"Markus! We need to evacuate!"

"Where's Josh?"

"I don't know! I lost him back there."

"I'm going to set off the explosives." Markus spoke turning.

"Markus! There's no time!" I yelled.

"I got this, Go!" Markus went to run but some soldiers came up.

Connor let go of me briefly, and shot the soldiers.

Connor came back over to me and gripped my arm.

Me, North, and Connor ran towards a hole in the boat.

While we were running North got shot in the leg.

"Connor! Get north!" I yelled.

Connor hid me behind a crate and grabbed some metal plate. Dodging Bullets he grabbed north and pulled her along with him.

He shot the officers and brought north over to us. One she got her skin regenerated, we limped her over to the hole in the side of the boat. We were waiting on Markus.

"Y/n." Connor gripped onto my forearms.

I looked up to see his eyes filled with concern.

"You can't jump in that water. You'll freeze." He said worried.

"It's not like we'll be in the water that long. I'll be fine until we get out of it."

"At least stay close to me. I can warm up my body temperature." I nodded and we waited for Markus.

5 minutes later, Markus and Josh ran our way.

"Guys we have to jump now!" Markus yelled sprinting out and jumping.

Connor gripped me into a death hug and jumped out of the hole.
I took a deep breath and prepared for the cold water. Connor's body was really warm now and I felt us submerged under water. Connor swam up and my limbs basically went numb.

"Don't worry Y/n."
He swam to shore keeping a grip on me and met up with the others who had jumped.

"Markus where are we going?" Josh asked.

"There's an abandoned church not too far from here. Let's go there."
"Markus we need to get there quick. Y/N's going to freeze." Connor said.
I leaned against his chest, my teeth chattering.

"I'll ask someone to get dry clothes for her." Markus said.

I felt Connor start walking with me in his grip bridal style.