¤°21°¤

Connor and I had desks next to each other. We were both reviewing the case from recently.

Cassie Brown was taken into custody when she left the hospital but hasn't been interogated yet.

They wanted me to do it since they didn't know how I could get the confession out of her.

"Y/N?"

I turned in my seat to see Connor turned to me.
"Yes?"

"Isnt it the Christmas holiday today and tomorrow?"

"Oh yeah... With so much going on I forgot about it." I put a finger to my chin.

"Dont you get the day off?" Connor asked.

"No, I don't think so. Those without people to celebrate come to work and... I don't really have anyone to celebrate with anymore." I mumbled the last part.

"Oh." He turned back towards his terminal.

"Y/n! Connor! We gotta interrogate Cassie!" Hank shouted from the break room.

I stood up and went to follow Hank.
"Lieutenant, I'll be there shortly." Connor said.

I looked back at Connor, confused, but went ahead to follow Hank.

We walked into the observer room and Hank turned to me.

"Okay, I know this is your first interrogation. So let me tell you what you're trying to get. You want her to admit to killing her daughter, how, and why. Also you need to figure out her dealer and where she got the red ice from."
I nodded my head.
"Good luck." I went towards the datapad and entered the interrogation room.

As soon as I opened the door her head jerked up.
"His name was Seth Owens!"
Um... Random much?
"I'm sorry Ma'am who was Seth Owens?"
"The one that gave me the red ice. He gave it to me. Told me how to handle it." I nodded my head.

"Well ma'am if you cooperate like that you'll be in here a lot less then you thought."

She nodded her head. I took the moment to sit down, to look over her.

She seemed scared, nervous.
"How old are you?" Cassie Asked me.

"I'm 24. Why?" I asked back.

"You just look a little young to be a detective is all." She looked down at her hands.

"My name is Y/N. We know your name is Cassie Brown. We don't know much about you though. Are you married?"

"No. I got divorced 5 year ago." She said looking down at the table.

"Did you... Have any children?" I asked.

"No..."

I nodded my head and grabbed the case folder. Opening it up, I flipped up the picture Connor took of Sarah's dead body.

I put it infront of her so she would have to look at it.

"Name's Sarah Brown. Found dead in one of your cabinets, stabbed, and left to bleed." She stared at it with tears in her eyes.

"...that was my daughter..."
"Oh? So you just gave birth to a 6 year old dead child, right here in this interrogation room?"

"No. I lied, bitch."
She slammed her hands against the table and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes to see her glaring at me.

She widened her eyes and tried to scoot away.
"You're... You're that android slut!"

Ouch... Low blow lady.

"I'm sorry?" I asked. Even though i knew who she was.

"You're that slut they talk about on tv. The one dating that android!!"
I heard some yelling from the observer room. Obviously knowing it was Hank and Connor.
"CALM DOWN CONNOR! SHE CAN HANDLE IT!"
" I DONT CARE HANK! NO ONE-"

I walked towards the mirror and hit it. The shouting ceased.

"Shut the fuck up." I said.

I turned back towards the suspect.
"Sorry, guys am I right?" I made an attempt at a joke.

Joking with a murderer, huh?

"Ugh... My husband left me for an android. Why do you like one?" She asked.

"Your husband liked an android?"

"No... He just liked to fuck it."

"Well that's where me and your ex husband differentiate. I actually love Connor because of his personality."

"I guess... We need more of that in this world.". I nodded and sat back down.

"I didn't want to kill her.. I really didn't. Seth had given me that stupid drug. It made me think irrationally.
All she wanted was some juice from the fridge. I-I lost my shit and grabbed a knife from the set and stabbed her. Then I tried to hide it. I'm such an awful mother..." She set her head on the table.

"How did you overdose?" I asked.

"I tried to smoke more to forget what I did. I overdid it and passed out. My neighbor mustve heard Sarah's screams and called an ambulance or something."

I nodded.
"His name was Seth Owens right?"

"Yeah. I met him on Desight Street." She said.

"Knew him before hand?" I asked.

"No."

"That's all." I stood up to leave the room.

"Oh by the way, calling someone a slut fucking hurts."

Before she had the chance to apologise I walked out the door and closed it.
Connor ran over and wrapped me into a hug.

"Y/N I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry she called you that. No one here thinks you're a slut I promise." He stuttered and held me close to his chest.

I wrapped my arms around him and patted his back. He let me go and grabbed onto my hands to comfort me.

I looked to my left to see Cassie looking as us sympathly, while she was being escorted to a holding cell.

I looked back into Connor's eyes and pulled my hand up to his cheek. He leaned into my hand.

"Its okay, Connor... I'm okay."