8-Weakness

It's been a day since we rode the carriage. I've been avoiding talking to the man in front of me. He stole glances at me but when our eyes meet, we turn back to the road. Needless to say, I stole some as well, trying to study him and his motives. One, he's too handsome, a pair of bright blue irises nested on those deep eye sockets, slightly bent nose, defined jawlines forming a subtle butt chin, and thin lips complimenting his features. Two, he looks relaxed but guarded at the same time, I wonder if the wound on his chest is alright. It doesn't seem to bother him as much as I thought it would. Maybe a wince or two, but there's none.

We stopped to eat and obviously I was skeptical at first. It was only after the food was tested, I comply to eat and I was obnoxiously hungry. I manage to stop myself from munching a whole bucket of grapes. They just popped in your mouth and it was a delicacy for me. Being hungry reminds me of my past before I met Kairon.

I could still remember that day like it was yesterday. Rain was pouring hard on Myhtica, drops of water hit my back continuously, every drop stings my bones and skin, cold and unrelenting. I copied a stray cat and cuddled myself into a ball on the side of the road. A dog came to sniff me probably checking if I was dead or not. My stomach rumble equally as the thunders, not eating decent for 5 days tends to do that to your body. There's one thing to be grateful for the rain, at least it will wash off the smell of trash on me.

Sounds of people and carriages passed me by and slowly the only thing I could hear is the chattering of my teeth, shivering. I'm just so tired, I felt myself drifting to sleep when a dog's bark wake me up. Why is that dog bothering me, I just want to sleep but then the barks turned to whimpers. I opened my eyes to see 3 kids bullying that dog. They were rounding him up and a kid lands a kick to its stomach making him whimper some more. Can't they pick someone their own size? With reluctance I got up and tackled one kid down, I quickly got up, took the dog, and sprinted like hell to the guards. Then they would feed me, clothed me, and give me a home.

At least that was what I had in mind, guards don't care and in reality, I was too weak to be that fast, a kid grabbed my hair and pulled me down. Still hugging the dog I gave my back to them. They started to beat me up, kick after kick hurts more than the last. Then it stopped, the bullies screamed and ran away. I turned slowly to see a gloved hand reaching for me. 'Come' I took his hand and he brought me to his home. Nurtured me. Educated me. Trained me. I remembered Kairon's confused face when I ate so much the first day he brought me. I'm gonna miss that old sod.

"You're smiling," Orion said.

The man in front of me pulled me back to reality, my reality. The King of Tallies is dressed in light armor and a sword lay next to his leg on the couch. Frankly, I've been curious about it. It has a golden sheath and by the looks of it, it's gotta be a fine sword.

"What were you thinking about?" he asked

My smile fades off immediately "Nothing that concerns you"

That seemed to irk him, his brows taut together. "Well, I'm concerned"

"You shouldn't be" I glance at him

He leaned back in his seat. "Fine, I'll figure it out eventually" Yeah, right you won't get it out of me, jerk.

"Not if your head burst first from being too large"

I was hoping for him to get even annoyed from being insulted but my sarcasm seems to have the opposite effect. He is laughing and at the end, the corner of his lips rose a little, smirking while watching me intensely.

"Stop looking at me," I said

With a face trying to look as innocent as possible he shrugs "There's nothing else to look at"

"Just go to sleep then"

"Why aren't you sleeping?" he shot back

I paused a little before giving a sorry-ass excuse "Because I'm looking at the road"

He sigh and raised his hands in the air. "Look, we've been at the road for more than 24 hours. We both need some sleep so let's call it a truce okay. I promise I won't do anything and you have to promise me not to run away or kill me in my sleep. Deal?"

Sleep does sound better than being stared at "Fine"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A rocky bump on the road knocks me up from my nap, a quick look outside the window gave me a prediction of the time, it was mostly dawn as the morning air circles around me. It was still dark but his blue eyes caught my attention, it seems to shine in the dark, almost golden in color. He's like an animal in the night. How did he do that? Am I imagining things?

"Why didn't you wake me up"

"You looked comfortable and you could use some sleep"

"How long have you been awake?

"A couple hours"

I narrowed my eyes at him "Have you been watching me?"

"You look cute in your sleep" I could hear him smiling even if I can't see it clearly. Annoyed, I open the curtains to let some light in, giving me a view of him. I almost forgot how his looks and presence affected me and I regret opening that curtain. Too late to close it now.

"I'm not cute and I told you to stop staring at me"

He shrugged "Why? is it making you uncomfortable?"

"Yes"

"Well, I kind of enjoy riling you up" he leaned further back smiling wickedly, his knees brushing mine. I don't know why I didn't move mine right away, maybe because of the cold and the slightest touch of warmth drew me in. "And I think I found your weakness" he added.

I scoffed at that. Weakness? I didn't recall having any. What kind of nonsense is he spouting?

"Are you still dreaming my King?" I said that sarcastically

"Oh yes, I recall our time at the tent"

Unnecessary warmth crawls from the places he touched before and invades my cheeks, I defect the thoughts from further embarrassment. That person who was moaning and squirming under him, that wasn't me.

I averted my gaze to the road but he quickly brought my attention back when he moves forward, pushed my legs apart with his knees, and leaned close to my ears. Each word he said echoes to my opened thighs in tiny whispers.

"You are weak to pleasure"