36 - The Savage

The roads in Myhtica are full of rocks, even the smooth ones. The carriage carrying the human baggage almost toppled over when the seemingly drunk driver hit a big giant rock, it's a miracle the wheels didn't break seeing how fast they were going.

She's pretty sure she got a bruise on that last bump. After all, it was hard enough to wake her from slumber. Not to mention the ones forming on her wrist and ankles, rope marks. Why would he ever think a rope would stop me? she thought. She's having a rather hard time deciding whose ass to kick first. Val thanks the heavens she's dressed right, probably because she ripped every dress in that camp. 

Before the driver kills the both of them, she hijacked the carriage and turn them around. The darkness of the road turns her into an even more reckless driver. Trampling any rocks and banking on steep roads. Is she scared? Absolutely. Is she late? Hopefully not.

--------------------------

The sun is almost up, enlightening soldiers caught in a fight left and right. They've been fighting since midnight where Orion's army ambushed Kalilis's as they come down the mountain pass. The fire has slowly died out and Kalilis is yet to be seen. 

"Hello, nephew" the hissing voice jug Orion's memories, memories he wished he'd forget. 

The enemy in the form of his father slashed at him, he dodged it and got a haircut instead. He ignored the few strands of hair falling down his shoulder. 

The sound of blades hitting each other, screams, and spurts of blood surrounds them but amidst all that, he could sense Kalilis's pheromones, oozing filth. Within a millisecond he bared his fangs, released his pheromones, disgusted by another Alpha. Kalilis is a cruel man, he is a snake, not a lion. Ever since Orion was little, he'd make fun of him, he even tried to poke his eyes out once. Thankfully, Carissa stops him from doing that. Crazy bastard.

"I will make sure you stay dead this time" Orion points his sword at him.

"Not if I kill you first!" 

Orion and his evil uncle is locked in combat, their blades hit each other and rang loud. He might be older than him but his blades and movements are sharper than the last time he fought him. 

"What's wrong kid? You've grown weaker!" he managed to cut his thigh after that remark.

Orion ignored the pain as it wasn't deep enough to not heal on its own. Instead, he scanned their surrounding. Every blow they exchange seems to get heavier for him, Kalilis made a cut here and there on his body. What his attacker didn't realize is he was purposely pulling his punches. Orion led him to a small ditch and he fell down. losing his footing. He was so focused on finishing him that he didn't watch his steps. Holding his neck at blade point, Kalilis was at his mercy.

"Any last words?" even with his neck on the line, Kalilis snickered evilly and nods, his sight set behind Orion.  

If he realized a second later, he would've lost his life. An arrow aimed at his neck missed its mark as he moved swiftly but apparently not fast enough. The arrow hit his right shoulder but then another whooshing sound was heard, a sharp pain strikes his thigh, and as soon as he groans, Kalilis stab through his left calf, making him fall on his knee and propping him on his sword for support. Shit.

Kalilis stood up and tug Orion's hair back but the only thing running on Orion's mind is Val's face, he'd admire it yesterday before sending her away, more than he should. He can't die. Not yet, not ever. 

His neck is exposed to Kalilis knife but rather than his neck, the knife met his palm, Orion caught the knife before it ended him. Almost immediately, another arrow grazed his ear and hit Kalilis hand, making his hand as bloody as his. Kalilis looks beyond him with hate and Orion seized this opportunity to push him away and put some distance between them.