20-Needs and Wants

Carissa sip her last bit of tea, putting down the cup, she stares at her brother who's cursing outloud. That's rare she thought. She's been watching the couple bicker with each other. And no one ever bickers with Orion.

"Well, that's a show"

He glared at her, his eyes bright golden, he stomp his way to the couch in front of her and sat his ass down there. Poor couch. He's trying to even out his breathing, to calm himself.
Her brother is mischievous and a bully sometimes. After years of not having a fated mate, she rarely sees him with a woman and even if he does, they were just flings. So, seeing his brother getting frustrated because of a girl is new. A bit funny even.

"You're drinking tea?"

"Yes, you have a problem with that. I like to enjoy these things with tea and sweets"

He sigh, slouch on the couch and look out the window

"There's nothing joyful about this. I don't know what to do" he said
"She refused me, rejected me, she never listens and she's so damn stubborn!"

She stayed quiet, knowing he'll talk more if she stays quiet.

"I mean, I'm at my wit's end here. I can't control her. I want to kiss her and strangle her at the same time, she's pissed at everything that I do"

"You did mark her without her consent, what was the word again? Right, branded"

He glared at his sister.
"I did and I apologized to her already, what more does she want?"

"Clearly that's not enough, you apologized when her head was pounding and filled with hatred, you think she'll forgive you that easily"

He stayed quiet, because he knows his sister is right, he's just to proud to apologize again.

"You should beg her" she teases him

"No way, I'm a King, I don't beg"

"A queenless King" she cut him off and sigh.

"Imagine being in her shoes, brother. A general taken away forcibly to a foreign country, marked for life, and expected to govern that said country. You're not exactly giving her any choice. I'm surprised she doesn't kill you already"

Carissa stood up and walks to the door.

"Just apologize brother. Until she forgives you this time and word of advice give her something that she wants"

"I can't give it to her, I can't risk losing her. Just the thought of her on a battlefield again is... frustrating. I want her there but at the same time I don't"

"Gee, since when did you become a contradictioner" she sigh
"Then just find out what you can give her. You can grovel at her feet for forgiveness, what more cab you lose" Carissa went outside the room to let her brother think.

Carissa ask the guards outside the room which way Valeryie went to. She figured she went back to her room so she dragged her feet there. She was walking down the hallway when a shadow creeps to the floor that was shined by sunlight. She felt a presence behind her and a familiar smell hit her nostrils. She knew exactly who is the man behind her without looking back.

"Manuel, you've returned safely I see" she turned her back to see the man that she hasn't seen in 3 months, her brother told her that Manuel came back yesterday though she didn't see the man come back at all. He must've use a back door.

The man in front of her bowed.
"Princess, I am glad to see you well"

"As do I" she continue to walk down the hallway to Valeryie's room. Manuel followed behind her, his tall figure cast a shadow over her, blocking the sunlight. He does this ever since they were kids.