28 - Pheromones

He storms out of his sister room after calming her down and went straight to the dungeon. His eyes gleamed golden and dangerous. A predator hunts its prey and once it got them, it will tear it to pieces and that's exactly what Orion is going to do.

Screams of agony could be heard inside the cold damp room, the criminal's teeth chattered at first until he had no teeth left to bite his tongue. He pulled them all out.

That bastard.
Orion clearly remember stabbing his heart. He was supposed to be dead. His wretched uncle, Kalilis. His father and Kalilis was twins. Both of them and his mother, the late Queen Martha, grew up together and Kalilis loved Martha but when they turned 20, she wasn't his anymore, she's his brother's fated. Kalilis longed for her, a few years later he met his fated but he didn't love her and she died of illness unmarked.

Five years ago, Orion's parents died, he was 23 and Carissa had juat turned 14. Kalilis that bastard set his sight on her, on his baby sister. She looks so much like Martha and as much as he hates it, Kalilis had his father's face they were twins after all.

Kalilis was a mad man, he rallied high ranking officials, nobels that opposed Orion's rule of banning slavery and led a rebellion. Orion still remembered how his blade went into Kalilis's body, how hard it was for him for he felt like he was killing his father but it must be done, Kalilis will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

As the criminal gave in, he confirmed Kalilis is indeed still alive and he's in Killi fortress, gathering allies for another coup. There will be no mercy this time, no more!

_______________________________

Val wakes up when she heard Orion's familiar footsteps in the room. She watched him get a bottle of wine and went out the balcony. There's a smell of blood. She grabs a bowl of water and clean cloth. He was just sitting there on the railing, facing the moonlight, his back looks tired. For the first time he looks vulnerable to her.

"You okay?" she came up to him

"No" he drank the wine

"Are you hurt? You're bloody"

"It's not my blood"

Val climbed the railing and sat with him, watching the moon. She peeks at Orion and see sadness in his eyes, how rare she thought.

"Give me your hand" even as she ask him, she already took his hand and wipes the blood off. Orion watches her move intently and it made her self conscious. "Don't get the wrong idea. You treated my wound, i'm just doing the same" she said

"Your ears are red"

"You're imagining things" startled she rub his hand faster.

Orion grabs her hand and squeeze them tightly. As she looks up to him, his gaze is indescribable, he's just staring at her not moving an inch and all she could feel is the pressure on her hand and her loud beating heart. The way he looks at her made her wince, it's like there's a lump on her throat and it is suffocating.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Val asks, Orion looks down at their hand and tried to pulled away
"It's nothing"
Like hell it is nothing, she pulled his hand back, forcing him to look at her.
"Tell me, what happened?"

Orion decided ro tell her everything, she'll know eventually, better it came from him. She grabs his wine when Carissa is mentioned. "Go on" and he did just that. When he's finished, she had gulped down half the wine and him the other half.

"Is she okay?" Val asks him
"She's trying to be" he replied, his sister is strong, she's just still shocked that the oast will repeat itself all over again.