21-Dancing with a stranger

Madam B was busy preparing Val's dress for the night. Val has been dragged from noon, receiving all kinds of treatment on her face and body. They plucked her eyebrows, leg hair, armpit hair, not that she has a lot but still, a bit much to handle for her virgin skin. Her hair was brushed and brushed and brushed again, not before lathering them with lavender scented oil that made her happy despite people touching her all over.

She was given a full body massage by the maids. Her stiff muscles twitches and soften by their hands. And now she feels as light as a feather. They've just done painting her face, satisfied nods accompanied them to get her dress.

This one's a bit itchy to the skin, there were glitters and beads all over the dress. But it was a bit heavy, like armour, she likes it. She just didn't know that those beads were rubies and diamonds.

Madam B carefully put some kind of tiara on her head and with one last look, she grab Val to face the mirror.

Though Val didn't deny being somewhat pretty but the person she's looking at right now is more than just pretty. She looks like a statue that she saw back in her country. She never thought she could look like this.

"Gorgeous my lady" madam B flattered her

The maids nods and looks at her with anticipation for the night. She smiled at them and said thanks.

They squealed and beamed.
"My lady, it was our honour"
"They'll fall head over heels for you!"
"The most beautiful woman in the country!"

Knock, knock
"That would be the King" madam B said and push Val to the door. Madam B open the door and before her stood the man haunting her dreams lately.

He's dressed in a white suit, a golden sash complimented his hair which is slicked back properly unlike his usual ruly hair. He'd shave off his beard, only few stubles remain. He looks absolutely dashing, no fear, confidence and charisma oozing off of him. For a moment, Val forgot that she was angry at him.

Orion at one side takes a deep breath to calm himself, he was mesmerized by the sight before him, never had he laid eyes upon such beautiful creature. He can't take his eyes off her, he must've opened his mouth unconsciously because he felt the hot breath coming out of them.

They both stood still, staring at each other up and down. Madam B and the maids couldn't stop but smile as their rulers share this exchange. Manuel who stood behind Orion coughs resulting in glares directed at him. Knocked out of their trance, Orion held out a hand for Valeryie to hold on to and surprisingly for him, she took it, she tucked her hand on his arm tightly, sending relaxing warmth that he needed. They proceeded to the ballroom and before entering Orion take a glance at Val but Val's looking forward, her eyes determined.

When the guards opened the door and shouted their name, everything and everyone stops moving, all eyes were on the couple, some smiled, some scowled and some completely in awe. They walked to the center of the dance floor and assume position. Whispers could be heard and they soon collided with the sound of music.

Orion and Val twirled and dance in quiet, not a word exchanged between them. Orion couldn't stop admiring Val's long and heavy eyelashes, her full lips made for kissing. Val didn't stumble at all, she did the dance perfectly and curtsy really well. Why did he even worry? She surprised him at every turn. Every time Orion introduce her to a noble, she acted so well that you wouldn't believe she threatened someone yesterday. The best part is that she smiled, a lot, not to him but still it made him happy.

She was so calm and didn't say anything offensive. He could see his people being swayed by her. Doubt begins to circle bad rumours about her. One or two nobles would insult her in sarcasm but she brushed them off like mere dust.