26 - Golden eyes

Val's POV

__

Val is relaxing in her studies as she watch the clouds on the sky. Every morning she gets to wake up late, eat delicious foods, train the men, and then attend some lessons. It wasn't hard at all, and of course the bath is amazing, coming from someone who loves taking a dip in the water, smelling different every single day isn't bad at all.

The only downside is she has to sleep next to Orion every day; he mostly sleeps after her and wakes up early. She'd grown used to his silent sleep pattern, he doesn't make too much noise and doesn't move much, he did try to snuggle her a few times but a long pillow between them has been placed to avoid such confrontation. She counted the day to her next estrous and although Orion had promise to tell her what to do to ease it, he was reluctant to share such knowledge.

She was sipping some tea when Carissa barges in the room unannounced; she drops to the sofa and sigh loud."What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, just annoyed with your husband"

Val made a gesture to dismiss her ladies in waiting, she didn't have a lot unlike other people of her status. She appointed 2 to help her with her duties.

"What did he do?"

"There's a festival in town and he declined my right to go there and look around, not the first time surely not the last" she pouts while pouring herself a cup of tea.

"Why did you ask him in the first place, you're the stupid one"

"Well, i do need guards don't i and for the record i didn't ask him, someone ratted me out" she made a gesture to the door

"Manuel?"

"Yes, that upright man always gets on my nerves. He always gets in my way, i can't even fall down without him stopping it, why can't he just stay quiet and guard me from afar? He did that with you"

"Because when i fall, i land on my own two feet unlike a fragile princess like you, who'll land on your butt"

"I'm a werelion"

"More like cub" she smirks "Do you really need bodyguards just to go to town? I mean, if you really want to slip away then don't take any guards"

"Haha, that's crazy, if people knew who i am" she trailed off and put a dramatic act "They would kidnap me and take me for ransom, what could a fragile princess like me do"

Val rolled her eyes, she went to look out the window and got an idea
"What if i go with you?" she said wickedly

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, you've helped me a lot and i'd like to repay it, let's go see the festival"

"I highly doubt you wanting to repay anything"

Val chuckled "Well, i'm getting bored cooped up in this palace" she shrugs

"Nonsense, Orion would never allow it"

"Who said anything about asking his approval, we'll disguise ourself as commoners and go into town" she smiled.

She goes wide eyed and smiled from ear to ear "Really? You'd do that with me? Without guards or maids? Ooohh, my brother would flip out if he found out. But how can we pull this off, we can't even get out this palace"

Val replied with another smile "Relax, i'm your guard"

----------

Orion walks down the hallway to his room when a knight came running towards him.
"Your Majesty, the Princess had been kidnapped, they've taken her to the woods, Sir Manuel sent me to give you the news"