12-Lust and Desire

Orion's P.O.V

"I won't be needing it my queen" I said

~

I gestured her to go forward, ladies first. Her scent waft over as she walks past me. I stole a glance at her, it might be dark but as a lion my eyesight's better than a human and I could shift parts of my body, I don't necessarily need to shift to a full grown lion so I shift my eyes to take a good look at her. I just can't stop staring, even as we were riding I had to suppress myself to look back all the time, I even let her went ahead of me a few times so I could take a look at her bottom bouncing off the horse back. Damn.

Inside the cave, the lions are all sleeping and even if they don't, they will for me, no lion could resist a King shifter, all I need to do is emit my alpha pheromones and they will bow down. This place is my haven, I never brought anyone here not even my sister and the thought of Val entering my lair made me shiver to the core. I wanted her here because she belongs to me, with me, and only me. I've been waiting for her all this time and my possessiveness grew with each step inside the cave.

Val was tiptoeing, her footsteps so faint, it is barely audible, impressive. We came upon a group of lions sleeping soundly. We walked past them silently. Her heartbeat's rising and she tried to maintain her breathing, she's anxious and alert. I grabbed her arm and yank her close. "Relax" i whispered in her ear, her scent immediately filled my nostrils.

She yank her arm
"Let go" she hissed back

"Stay close, you might wake them up" I pulled her closer, enjoying the feel of her waist under my arm.

"So will you, idiot" she struggled to get away

"Shushh, stop moving so much" and I pulled her until no space was left between us. Just then, two lions stirred in their sleep and she instantly froze, scared of waking the lions. I know some of them are already awake but I told them to pay us no mind. Me? I'm enjoying this, her? not so much.

"How do you even know this place?" she asked when we're far enough from the lions, the cave got darker the more we go in

I remembered when I got my first rut, it was unbearable. No lion should experience rut alone, mating periods are extremely painful. Especially without a fated to quench the needs. I had to get away from the palace and let myself roam and hunt. That's when I found this place, the lions here respected me. Well, they usually left the cave so I could deal with my shit.

"I have my ways" I said.

"And how are we suppose to see in this dark, we didn't bring any torch"

"For now, just follow me, I know the way" I offered my hand but she slapped them away.

"I can still see" and she walked ahead of me. As we go further I saw her squinting her eyes and I chuckled unconsciously

"What?" she complained, gosh she's so cute.

"Come here, you're about to hit a wall" I take her hand in mine, she let go instantly but gripped on my sleeve and mumbled "crazy King", she's adorable, maybe she thought i couldn't hear her but i have a lion's sense of hearing so it was loud and clear.

Green lights entered my vision. Gemstones lining the cave walls shone bright and lit the space, water drops filled the remaining silence. I looked at my fated who's in awe of the sight. Her black pupils reflected the light in an emerald glow, cold air came out of her parted lips. What did I do in my previous life to get her as my fated mate. I used to curse the sun god, Tallies deity for abandoning me, my father instany met my mother, he didn't have to endure his rut alone. But looking at Val noe, she's worth every wait. I want to make her mine. Only mine.

As that thought crossed my mind, my breath hitched. Every air from my lungs seems to get sucked out of me and it was getting hard to breath. My chest felt heavy and my head starts spinning. I glanced at Val with diminishing sight and fell to the ground in a thud.

In a few seconds, her boots came into view, right next to my elongating nails. I felt my fangs coming out and saliva drooling down my teeth. No.

This is just like my first rut, it's not suppose to happen now. Is it because I found my mate? My cock rose up at the word. I take it back. Fuck you sun god.

"What's wrong?" Val crouched next to me "Did you hit your head or something?"

I tried controlling myself, retracting my fangs and nails back, my heart was beating so hard I could feel it pulsing around my body and somewhere else.

She started shaking me because i didn't respond, her scent all over the place, the smell of fresh lavender, wood, and a tint of blood. It made every cell in my body screams for her, I want her, I need her, I should be inside her, fill her up with my seed and mark her. She's mine! It is my rut. Fuck.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath, unknowingly letting low growls.

"What was that? could the lions be on our tail?" she said, her voice sound so mesmerizing and made me dizzier....MARK...I need to be mark...stop it..mar...stop! you'll hurt her! Please...anything but that...

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked again.

I didn't respond, I couldn't move because once i do, I'm scared of not being able to stop myself. My aninalistic instinct grew wilder every second.
"Get away..." I managed to say,  wheezing.

"What? why do you sound like that?"

"Just GO! Get the fuck away from me!" I screamed at her, please go Val, i don't want to hurt you, please...

"Shush!" Val placed her hand on my mouth "Shut up, do you want to die?"

"Ugh...I don't want...to hurt you...please.." I can't...it's painful...

"You won't. You sound hurt, let me help you" she grasped my face with her hands forcing me to look at her.
Her touch burns my skin and I closed my eye shut.

"Hey, look at me. What's wrong?"

I felt my consciousness fade along with the ability to control my own muscles. The only thing I remember is those eyes, staring straight at me and my body's not mine anymore. She'll be the death of me.

---------------------------------------
Tell me what you think!! Do you like Val and Orion?? What would like to see happen between them? I love them both and i tried telling the story through the characters themselves so pardon the perverted mind of Orion, he's still a man after all.