23-What about tonight?

The rest of the day was spent rather quickly. The newlywed couple marvelously parade around town. At first, the people was skeptical of their new Queen but now, looking at her beauty and grace, it seems all the bad rumour about her has disappeared.

Carissa's getting Val ready for the celebration party. She was already dressed in a yellow gown with golden belt, her golden hair decorated with blue barrette in the shape of a leaf. Looking at her sister in law in the mirror, she can't help but envy her height. It's not as if she is short, she's what you call a bit more than average but Val's gigantic.

"You look good, sister-in-law"she said in an attempt to piss her off

"Stop it, hearing that disgust me, i've had enough people calling me newly-wedded queen, as if i need a reminder of this scam marriage"

"Well, some of them calls you newly-wedded bitch" she snickers and Val rolled her eyes
"Besides, it's not a scam, you really are married to my brother so that makes you what? oh yeah, my sister-in-law"

"Oh, shut it" she threw a gold ring at her

Carissa laughs, she can be such a kid sometimes, she is wise but very cheeky. Madam B enters the room with a gold long necklace.

"Here, just one last touch" she said while putting it on Val's exposed chest. She expected the material to be cold against her skin but it was warm, seems like Madam B warms it up beforehand. Val's wearing a navy blue dress, light colours doesn't really suit her jet black hair and besides she likes it this way.

On the way to the ballroom, Carissa pokes Val.
"Hey, so what are you doing tonight?"

Val stiffened
"Absolutely nothing, i'm gonna go sleep my ass off" avoiding the question

"That's not what i meant silly, i mean what are you going to do about tonight? you know, your long awaited wedding night"

"Tsk, like i said i'm gonna sleep my ass off and for the record it hasn't been that long and it is not ever awaited"

"Pfft, maybe not for you but what about for him? it has been quiet some time since he found you, you really think he's gonna leave you alone?"

Val sigh and didn't answer. Why would she answer something obvious, of course he wouldn't leave her alone. Especially after they tied the knot, there is this strange bubbling feeling inside her that just keeps growing. Like she needs him close and if she's feeling like this, he must be too.

Remembering their intimacy at the camp, there is a 50-50 chance of her running from him, maybe 40-60. But she can't avoid him forever. She hates to admit it but Orion is strong, physically he's stronger but she's faster and agile. Ugh, calculating the odds just gives her another headache, maybe Carissa could help.

"You better tell him to back the fuck off or i will cut out his thing"

Carissa laughs out loud which is unladylike of her. Nope, there's no hope from her.
"Oh wow, i kind of wanted to see that happen, tell me all about it tomorrow. Will his thing fall off or would it be somewhere else" she winks

When they enter the ballroom, people bowed. Val is deliberately avoiding Orion, she chit chats with a few people and avoids any eye contact with him although she could feel his eyes on her back. Just then, a drunk man fell over the floor and made a ruckus. The guards took him away.

"Look at him, so unfortunate that the household heir has nothing to offer" a lady said
"I heard, they are knee deep in debt"a man said
"Well, at least he won't remember anything if he's that drunk"

That's it! I just need to get drunk, if i'm drunk enough i would be so hammered that i'll collapse and even if he did something, i wouldn't remember any of it, Val thought.

She grabbed every wine she could gulped just to get drunk enough until the night is over, back at her room, there is a cabinet full of liquor. That would be gone in a few hours. She's a pretty heavy drinker herself.

When the party is about to be over, she excuses herself and went straight back to her room. She needs to be drunk before Orion gets here, his eyes were on her the whole night, he must have realized she's missing. She grabbed the bottle at the top shelf and took a sip. Damn, that is some good shit. A minute later, she's hiccuping and her vision is getting blurry. And the she was a goner.

Mature content next chap, if you don't like those kinda thing, please skip it but if you are a tiny little bit curious, just read it. Luvs 😍