22-A red gown on a wedding

Two weeks go by rather quickly. The first week, Orion and Val discuss the terms of the contract, on the second week the whole palace was busy preparing for the wedding. Including Val, she had been fed so many things and made to decide which food to serve, gown materials, which flowers and all the tiny details with Carissa's help of course. They've gotten closer in the past week, Carissa with her wittiness and Val with her straightforwardness. Orion's busy preparing the ballroom, guests list, the procession. It is decided that the wedding will be followed by the coronation ceremony so by tomorrow afternoon, Val would officially be the Queen of Tallies.

One thing that has been left unspoken is the wedding night. Frankly, Val's pretending that wedding nights doesn't exist and Orion's avoiding it because he didn't want Val to freak out. He promised himself not to touch her without her permission, he won't repeat the same mistake twice. But he didn't promise not to touch himself because everyday her smell is getting sweeter and stronger and it is getting hard to control his eyes from changing color every time they were together. He noticed Val backing away when his eyes change color.

He wondered whether he should tell Val that her estrous is near and tell her that the only way to subdue it is to sleep with him. No way. He can't possibly tell her that. Carissa wouldn't know since she hasn't had her estrous yet. Tomorrow is a big day, he will finally be joined with his fated. Their bond would become stronger under the Sun God's blessing, as well as their sexual needs. Sigh.
Thinking about Val always gets his head pounding, ironically that's not the only part that pounds. That's what 'he' said.

It is night time now, he's been sleeping in another room but he can't sleep peacefully, can't believe he's getting wedding jitters. His feet takes him in front of Val's bed, he just stood there, watching her sleep.

"What do you want Orion? Planning on attacking me at night" Val's voice echoes in the dark of night

"No, I can't sleep"

"Nervous?"

"Strangely yes, let me sleep with you"

"No way, I hate you and I'm not going anywhere Orion, you can relax"

"I won't do anything, promise, I'll stay in my lion form and sleep at your feet"

There was silence for a few minutes before Val's reply

"Do what you want, I'm tired, I don't have energy to deal with you" she says

So Orion transform into a lion and put his big head on her legs, she didn't move an inch. Orion fell asleep soon after. Hugged by familiar scent around him. When Val wakes up in the morning, her legs have cramps and she wants to curse Orion for that but he was already gone. Madam B and an army of maids came to pretty her up.

Val put on the most beautiful gown that could be made, ever. She loved it, red in color, with gold chains and nails decorating the shoulder, it looks like an armor. She didn't want to go with white as it's too cliche. Red's perfect, Orion went with black suit and red cape that matches her gown, gold belt, bracelet, necklace and sash. One rule in this country is that only royalties can wear gold. Now she knows why Orion and Carissa always wear something gold.

 Now she knows why Orion and Carissa always wear something gold