Punkish Gaara x Shy! Reader

This takes place during the 2 yr timeskip when Naruto was away. Gaara had just become Kazekage and alot of Sunagure still fears him. Except you that is.

You had always found Gaara quite interesting, the way he could use the sand, his deep almost chilling voice. Everyone had feared him because of the monster inside of him. In your eyes though, he was perfect, everything you ever wanted.

He's been your crush for the past couple of years, most because you've been too shy to even talk to him. Why would anyone so strong and handsome ever fall for someone who barely made it to a Chuunin level ninja?

You walked your normal route to the park, it was nearly midnight but you couldn't sleep. There was no real reason behind it. Just that you couldn't sleep.

You became lost in thought until your tiny body ran into that of someone a bit larger. Wincing and peeking your bright (e/c) eyes open and looking up only to have beautiful seafoam coloured eyes stare back at you. "O-Oh! I-I'm so sorry, Lord Kazekage!" You say quickly your cheeks turning a dark scarlet as you backed up quickly only to trip over a random rock that just poped up at the convinece of the Author. Closeing your eyes to brace for the impact of the ground, they opened quickly at the feeling of warm fingers enclosing around your right wrist, lifting you up to your feet before you hit the ground.

"Why are you out this late alone? Don't you know it's dangerous for a lady to be wandering around in the night?" He asked a hint of anger in his voice as he continued to stare at you, his facial expression never leaving its usual blankness.

"I was just going to go to the park...I couldn't sleep...so um..hey wait a second it's not that dangerous and if anything why are you out so late huh?" You say poking him in the chest, only to have sand wrap around your hand and squeeze a bit hard.

"Ow!" You say a quiet whimper escaping your lips.

"Sorry!" He apologizes. "It did that on it's own accord. And the reason I don't sleep is because  Shikaku will take over my body if I do." He says as he closes his eyes for a second before looking away his cheeks becoming a light shade of pink.

"I apologize for hurting you (y/n)..." He repeated quietly.

"Lord Kazekage...You know my name?" You ask shocked, your crush knew your name, but how you weren't important enough for anyone to remember your name especially since you didn't tell him it.

"I...care...about you….so of course I know your name…" He says slowly looking back down into your eyes. "And please. Call me Gaara."

You look away shy and embarrassed, your (h/l) (h/c) hiding your small smile and blush.

He steps away finally letting go of your wrist. "I'm a monster, so I know you don't want to be around me. So why don't you run away like everyone else." He says letting his hand drop to his side as he turns around and begins walking away.

"L-er- Gaara! You're not a monster! I want to be around you I'll never run b-because...because I love you!" You say as you run to him and cling to his arm, causing him to freeze and tense up looking down at you with somewhat wide eyes.

Your face was beat red. This was bold. Especially for you.

"You don't love me! Don't lie to me! No one loves me!" He practically yells at you making you tear up and begin to cry.

"I do love you! I really do! I'm not lying!" You say as tears stream down your face.

"You're crying...stop it.." He says a very tiny hint of worry in his voice as he gently wipes your tears away before moving your hair behind your ears and away from your face.

You sniffle and rub your eyes slightly before gently cupping his cheeks, leaning up and planting a small kiss on his lips. He stares at you confused for a couple of seconds before slowly kissing you back as he gently wraps his arms around your waist and holds you close.

After a couple of minutes you both break apart gasping for air, your faces red, you giggle and kiss his cheek "I do love you Gaara and I promise to always love you." You say kissing him quickly.

"I love you too (y/n)." He says as a smile appears on his lips before he kisses away a stry tear before planting another one on your lips  again.