~Neji x reader lemon~

Just... heads up. Its long. Over 7000 words long 😅

Y/n woke up in the dark with the sound of the rain outside her window subsiding. It had started out as a small drizzle but had transformed to an angry monsoon throughout the day.

Training had been cancelled and truthfully she didn't mind. She was exhausted from over exertion and welcomed the day off. So when she heard the rain slowly come to a halt, she cracked a sleepy eye open to assess the situation. Her room was dark and it took her eyes several seconds to become accustomed to the lack of light. She could make out the lines of the furniture in her bedroom but everything seemed to have meshed together in the darkness. She turned her head round and pushed dark strands of hair out of her face as she viewed her window. The wind was still howling but she was glad that the downpour was receding.

She frowned when she noticed something strange.

Something didn't seem right. She was sure she left her window slightly open for fresh air but her window was clamped shut. She didn't remember closing it.

That's odd.

Groggily, she wondered if the monsoon and its forceful winds shut her window closed?

It was the most likely answer and she hugged her duvet closer to her body. She was about to close her eyes again when a moving shadow caught her eye. Her body jolted up immediately and taking a kunai hidden beneath her pillows, she threw it at the moving shadow.

"Who's there?" Y/n's eyes narrowed and her body stiffened as her eyes tried to pierce through the darkness, searching for her intruder. Was someone in her room? Her body tensed and a sudden fear struck her. She was alert now and acutely aware that her life could be in some sort of danger. She made a grab for another kunai when she saw a silhouette form in the corner of her room and threw it without hesitation. She heard the clanking noise of the kunai being deflected and suddenly the shilouette moved as quick as lightening to her side and grabbed her wrist in an icy hold.

Y/n panicked and instinctively tried to arm herself with another weapon but her intruder easily overpowered her. It had been a long time since she had met a stranger strong enough to overpower her. Her heart started to beat faster.

I'm going to die. She suddenly thought, someone is going to kill me in my own home.

She struggled against her intruder when suddenly he spoke.

"Stop it." The voice was low, husky and powerful and definitely male.

Y/n could hear the irritation laced in his voice. She recognised it immediately.

"Neji?" she whispered sounding unsure of herself. She tried to make out his face in the darkness.

She saw the dark figure beside her bed nod and the tension in her body suddenly evaporated and her muscles relaxed.

"Neji?" she repeated again feeling bewildered. Was this a dream? Why was her sparring partner in her room in the dead of night?

She knew that her friend was not one to seek company. He absolutely hated unnecessary interactions. He kept his social interactions minimum at best.

Was something bothering him?

Why had he seeked her out during the middle of the night?

She had a hundred questions buzzing through her mind.

She tried to ignore their close proximity. Neji was hovering over her bed, his body leaning towards hers. Her skin tingled in an electrifying way whenever their bodies accidentally touched and she was overly aware that he was still holding her fragile wrists in his strong masculine hands.