Seduction in Retro Pink

Green Acres, Camp: 2:45 PM

Jim had been reading. He wasn't able to concentrate on the book. Jim sat back in his recliner with his chin resting on his thumb. His fore finger extended and resting on his cheek. His other hand rested on the arm of the recliner. Fingers tapping in no particular rhythm. He listened to the guitars playing in Key and Patty's room.

They were singing an old Beatles tone. 'I Want to Hold Your Hand.' It was amusing to hear them singing it together. Key had an deeper earthier tone, Patty was a contrast of lighter, furtive tones. Jim mused that it should be the opposite. The younger Key should be hitting the higher notes, the older Patty the lower blues sounds.

Key played the broken down old guitar. A few days practicing she managed to learn as much as Patty. Both of them learning from the book that Key had found with the beautiful Gibson guitar. Their playing stopped. Key and Patty had begun to talk again. Jim couldn't hear them talking. It sounded like Mother and Daughter stuff.

Jim got up from his recliner. A bottle of Bourbon sat in the drawer of the desk downstairs calling his name. Jim didn't think of himself as Father figure. He felt uncomfortable when Key had hugged him. He wasn't even sure why she did that. He had only agreed that they shouldn't call her Kitty anymore. Especially if they went out into public with her. He just hoped that Keyote had not started to look at him as a father figure. He wasn't much of a Father type.

Green Acres, Camp: 3:00PM

Key had watched Patty get dressed. It was a pink dress that must have dated from the fifties. It was simple, basic. With a flair to the skirt. A wide white belt accented Patty's waist. For a old lady she still had some body. Streets took a lot out of you where looks are concerned. Key had seen prostitutes who looked a hundred years old, but were only like thirty or so. Patty only looked forty. Maybe. It was hard to tell.

"How do I look?" Patty posed like she was trying to get picked up.

It was an unknowing pose. Having worked the streets for so long, the street posing came naturally to her. Key had done the same thing often enough.

"I didn't think you were working anymore. It's a little retro for most clients." Key said.

"I'm not wearing this for a client." Patty suddenly began looking at the full length mirror in the room. Fussing with the dress. "I'm wearing it for Jim."

"Why? You two don't fuck." Key slipped with her language.

"Language. As to why. I hope to remedy that situation." Patty looked at her make-up. She had fixed it simple, basic. Like the dress.

"Maybe Jim is gay." Key suggested. "He hangs around Bobbi a lot."

"Nope. I asked him a while back about sex. He told me that he'd think about it." Patty was brushing out her long black hair. "I'm tired of waiting for him to think about it. I'm going to get him to act on it."

"Is it because you're a whore?" Key remembered how Jim reacted to her hug. "Some people think we're dirty because we are whores."

"Do I have to tell you about language again?" Patty sounded exasperated. "We aren't dirty. We don't even prostitute ourselves anymore. We weren't dirty when we did. We were supply and our clients the demand. That was it. We are no more dirty than insurance agents, lawyers, or accountants. The real difference is that our clients usually give us the shaft and those others usually give the shaft to their clients."

"You didn't answer the question." Key bit her lower lip. "Jim thinks we're dirty, doesn't he.  I mean, he acted like that when I hugged him."

"Jim is very withdrawn. He doesn't do well with people. It's hard for him to express his feelings." Patty explained. "He doesn't think of you or me as dirty. He just isn't used to that kind of emotional expression."

"He's afraid of hugging?" Key laughed. "If he has problems hugging you, how do you think you'll get him to fu---um---you know."

"I think he will fu-um-you know. If I play him right." Patty smiled back at Key.

"What if he doesn't want to."

"We will stay friends. I'll get over it. I think it will be his loss."

"I think so too." Key stood up and started for the door. "I'll go tell him."

Patty grabbed Key by the shoulders and turned her around. She sat Key on the bed and grabbed the book that was sitting on the bed. "Read your book. Play guitar. Play solitaire. Do what you want, but stay in your room until you hear Jim and me go into that big bedroom of his. Got it."

"Okay. I hope you do it." Key smiled widely.

"You just remember what I said."

Green Acres, Camp: 3:10 PM

Patty walked out of the small bedroom. She had picked a white pair of pumps that matched the belt. Patty was having second thoughts. She might look more like a saleslady on some 1950's commercial trying to sell a washing machine. Jim was not in his recliner. If the king was not on his throne he might be in his chamber. Patty knocked on the master bedroom door.

Patty opened the door and peeked in. No Jim. Patty suddenly saw herself all dressed up, ready to put on her best moves, and Jim had picked this moment to take a walk. Patty went down the stairs to find Jim staring at a glass of bourbon.

"You look like a early version of the Avon Lady." Jim looked over at Patty as she went down the stairs. "I was hoping I wasn't drinking alone."

"I told Kitty, I mean Key, that she was to stay in her room while the adults played." Patty said as she rested a hip on the desk. "I should have gone with that dark blue dress I saw in the closet."

"How many glasses have you had of that?" Patty gestured to the bourbon in Jim's hand.

"None. I was considering if I really wanted this glass."

"I have a bottle of wine upstairs. Why don't we save the bourbon for another time."

Jim took the glass of bourbon and carefully poured the bourbon back into the bottle. His hand steady enough not to spill a drop. Patty took his hand and led Jim upstairs. Reaching in the back of the kitchen cabinet Patty pulled out the wine bottle she had hidden back there. As she did, Patty spotted a pair of wine glasses. She pulled those out too.

"You told me once that you'd think about us having sex." Patty said as she set the bottle of wine on the table. "I'm tired of waiting while you think about sex. Do you want it or not?"

"I said I'd think about a relationship that would include sex. Do you want it or not?" Jim found a corkscrew in the silverware drawer.

Patty sat down the bottle and glasses on the dining room table. "I thought that was what we were talking about. Of course I do."

Jim worked the corkscrew into the cork of the wine bottle. He pulled the cork with a pop. He looked over at Patty.

"Lets take this wine and conversation into my bedroom. I bet Key is listening at the door of her room trying to make out what we are saying." Jim leaned over to Patty and kissed her on the lips.

It was a simple kiss. Patty felt excitement she hadn't felt about sex in a long time. She returned Jim's kiss with much more enthusiasm.

"You keep that up, we'll be screwing on the table." Jim laughed.