Keyote and Winchinchalla

December 20: West Palm Beach 8:00 AM

Maria had tried to get Key to come to her shelter. She refused. Keyote seem to fear that if she went there, Maria wouldn't let her go. Crow insisted that Key was fine living with Jim and Patty in their camp. Maria heard Crow's description of the building. She couldn't believe how fortunate the couple was to find such a building.

"At some point, someone is going to realize they are squatting there." Maria said. "That property has to belong to someone."

"It will belong to me, when I get the name of the owner from public records." Crow told her. "I promise you, by the end of the day I'll either purchase that property or put the process in motion."

Maria believed her. Maria complied with Crow's wishes, because after inspecting the shelter, Crow had made a considerable donation to it. Enough money to shame Maria's other investors. If Crow said Key was safe and happy with Jim and Patty Maria wouldn't make waves.

Crow took her beat-up Jeep downtown to one of the many small offices that Chien Chang had around the world. From there she got the main Florida office in Miami to start the legal proceedings to obtain the property. It was about noon that Crow got a call back from the Miami office.

"Ms. Rouvreblanc." The legal assistant said. "That property is empty according to all of the paper work I have here. The original owner passed some time ago. We are in the process of contacting the relatives. This might take some time."

"Prioritize this project." Crow said. "For god's sake call me Crow. Everybody else does."

"Yes, ma'am." No one questioned Crow when she gave orders. That was a bad career move.

2:00 PM Lake Worth

Crow went to the Lost Tea Shop with a person named Bobbi. She wasn't sure of the gender. Bobbi set up a laptop and began to make the connection. Patty and Key had taken a break. Crow had Key sit on the couch beside Patty. Bobbi sat on the other side. Finishing the connection. Bobbi moved out of the way to let Crow sit on the other side.

"Winnie." Key cried out. "Oh, shit. It's you."

That was all that was said as the two sisters tried to get control of their emotions. Both of them were crying and touching the face on their screen. Until Crow lost patience for the whole emotional display and lived up to her name.

"Get a grip you two." Crow squawked irritably. "I didn't make these arrangements so you two could cry and play touchy, feelie with the computer screen. Talk to each other dammit."

Kiona was the first to speak. "I love you." Was all that she managed.

"You too." Key sucked back the tears. "I heard you were in Taiwan."

"Of course she's in Taiwan, you silly twit." Crow said. "Why would I lie to you?"

Kiona laughed. "Do you really remember me."

Crow let out a frustrated sigh. "Of course she remembers you, silly girl."

"Aunt Crow, could you let us talk to each other, instead of interrupting." Kiona said with her own flash of temper.

"Yeah, Aunt Crow." Key joined in.

"Fine, I'll let you two little fools ask each other silly questions." Crow said. Getting up and crossing to the bar.