White Pickup

Greenacres: December 3, 6:50 AM

Bobbi didn't like having to get up at 6:30 to eat breakfast. She tolerated the annoyance because after she did her breakfast chores Bobbi was allowed to sleep in. Bobbi was too tired to do much talking. She heard Jim discuss with Key and Patty about going up to Congress with them on the bus. He planned to sell water on Congress and see if he couldn't get better business.

Patty told Jim that at some time she wanted Jim to come to the Lost Tea Shop and meet Stacey. "I want you to see the International Waterway." Key said. "Sometimes we go over to the park and just watch the boats. I've been asking Patty about going and seeing the ocean. I love the ocean."

"Jim has seen the International Waterway, Key." Patty said. "As for the ocean, I don't even know if we are near a public beach. I'll have to find out."

"I haven't seen the International Waterway in a while. I don't get out to the ocean nearly enough. So, once Patty makes the arrangements I'll go with you to the ocean." Jim said.

Bobbi thought about asking if she could go too. She didn't want to intrude, despite feeling like part of their little family. If they wanted her to go, they would ask her. As Bobbi finished her chores she said goodbye to the others. Trudging up the stairs to go back to bed, Bobbi felt a little sad. She hoped they did invite her to the ocean.

West Palm Beach, 45th Street Facility: 7:00 AM

Little C. was allowed to wander the halls of the 45th Street Institute. They would be letting him go soon. The cops weren't looking to lock Little C. up. Little C. was wondering what he'd do if they did let him out. After what he saw at Jim's camp Little C. was beginning to consider his spirituality. He wondered if he should enter a rehab and continue to stay off the drugs.

Little C had seen a kid from the Casa Sombre come into the facility. According to staff she had been found on Military Trail. Little C. knew the kid was Danielle, called Danni Fria, or the Cold Fish. Danni's emotions had been burned out a few years back. She moved around the Casa like a robot. If Danni was at the facility, her partner had to be somewhere. Little C wondered if the other girl had gone back to the Casa or had been picked up with Danni.

Abandoned House on 10th Street: 7:00 A.M.

Conejita sat in a abandoned home. Old Grandpa had dropped her off at the Silver Oaks Plaza. Next to it was an empty car lot where Danni and her had been working. Seeing all of the cops and ambulances Grandpa had panicked and practically kicked Conejita out of his car. Peeling out in his hurry to leave. Going over to a empty building. Conejita stood in the shadows and watched them take Danni away.

Conejita was terrified. If she went back to the Casa she would be punished, despite the fact it wasn't her fault they picked up Danni. Conejita had passed the old abandoned house since they put her on the street. Conejita hid there. After they had left she went and picked up Danni and her backpacks.

Picking through the contents Conejita counted her money she earned. She would need to earn more. For the moment Conejita wanted to sleep. She'd have to find a way to meet her needs if she didn't go back to the Casa.

Green Acres, Camp: 6:45 PM

Bobbi was up by the time the three of them made it back to the camp. She had cooked dinner. It was canned tuna mixed with Mac & Cheese. Bobbi had even remembered to drain the tuna of water. Jim had told Bobbi how he made it sometimes. Bobbi not only felt that she was contributing, but that she was appreciated.