Turning Points

Palm Springs, Military Trail: 1:10 AM

Bobbi had worked late. She knew she missed the simple meal at the camp. That didn't bother her, she hoped Keyote ate her share. Bobbi did regret that she wouldn't have a chance to sleep again in her attic room. She had felt safe there. There was that moment in the moon light that seemed special.

There had been a incident near the corner of 10th and Military. Bobbi had made it half-way from Lake Worth Road towards 10th when the situation had cleared up. A notorious gossip Bobby had hoped to get there before it cleared up, just to get an idea what happened. Bobbi turned to head back when a car pulled over to pick her up. Bobbi made the mistake of not looking at it.

There were two men. One Bobbi recognized as Andy, the other was a handler called Jorge. As they got out of the car, Bobbi ran back towards Military. Where the lights and traffic would keep her safe. Both men ran after Bobbi. Bobbi almost stepped out into traffic. She pulled a air horn from her purse and was ready to use it.

"Kitty. Where is she?" Andy said.

"Jim and Patty told me she went off to Tampa." Bobbi said. "Scared of what Jose would do to her if he found out she lost his money. Someone stole it from her backpack while one of her clients were busy raping her."

Andy and Jorge walked back to their car and took off. Bobbi decided to call it quits for the rest of the night. She headed back to the camp. Andy and Jorge followed her at a distance. They saw she turned down the canal where Little C. had said Jim's camp was at.

"Why don't we just go in there and take care of this whole thing." Jorge said. "Either they've got Kitty in there or they don't. Only one way to find out."

"Carlos tried that. He says they have a huge dog in there that tore up his arm. Cracked the bone in one bite." Andy said. "That dog must have scared Little C. out of his wits. Not that he had much to begin with."

"So, we shoot the dog." Jorge said.

"Carlos tried. Said the dog was on him after he had shot at him twice." Andy told Jorge.

"Are you saying that maybe the dog is a spirit like Little C. said?"

"Either Carlos was too scared to shoot straight, or it's possible the dog had body armor."

"What you say is crazy. How does a bum like Jim afford body armor for his dog?" Jorge didn't think the dog was a spirit either. "Carlos, he don't shoot straight is all."

"We have time. Carlos will be out of the hospital tomorrow, looking for revenge. We can wait that long." Andy had driven past the canal and drove on towards Forest Hill Blvd.

Green Acres, Camp: 2:10 AM

It was past 2:00 AM when Bobbi arrived at the house. She found a meal on a plate left in the refrigerator. They had Ramon noodles mixed with peas, carrots, and some chicken. Pulling out a bottle of Jim's water Bobbi sat down and ate the meal cold. It would have been good if it was hot, as it was Bobbi had eaten worse in her years on the street.

Hell, Casa Sombrio: 7:02 AM

"Conejita and Fria got picked up." Jorge told Jose.

Jose slammed his hand on the desk. "At least we know they won't talk. Do you know what happened?" Jose stood up and started to pace. This was three of his experienced street girls he had lost.