Chapter Thirteen

"You told him?!"

Harry's in a corner right now. He's under Zayn's sharp glare and he feels he could be chopped up in any second. Zayn's furious. Harry shouldn't have told Louis, apparently. It was meant to be a secret, apparently. Louis will tell everyone, apparently.

Zayn's making assumptions and Harry's becoming nervous. Harry knows Louis wouldn't tell anyone about this. For one, it's the least interesting topic in the entire world and two, it was said in the treehouse. Rule number nine; everything stays in the house. Louis wouldn't break a silly rule like that.

"I-I didn't mean to Z. I just needed some advice that's all--"

"You didn't mean to, but you did anyways," Zayn snaps at him. He's tempted to throw his sandwich at him and ruin this skinny jean-baggy polo combo he has on today. "Louis will tell someone, I know it, Harry. You can't always trust someone like him."

"I've known him since I was seven, Zayn! He's not going to tell anyone. I told him to keep it hush hush and he will. He's not a person to spread shit around."

Zayn rolls his eyes, sighing loudly before taking a bite from his sandwich. He really can't be bothered fighting. He's got this problem to sort out and he didn't want another silly conflict added onto it.

"What did Louis say, anyways," Zayn asks tentatively. Harry smirks at him. "Well, you asked him for advice and you obviously got it. You might as well tell me."

"He said go with your heart," says Harry. "It leads you to great places."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, well, what else are you meant to do, Zayn--"

"For fuck sakes, thanks Louis." Zayn spits sarcastically.

"Hey, at least he gave you something to work with. Be a little grateful you got something, Z. You did ask for our help after all."

"Yeah, but how the fuck am I meant to work it go with your heart. It's the absolute obvious. It's like seeing someone crashing on the side of the road and telling someone to call an ambulance!"

"What else am I meant to say? I've never been stuck in something like this, Z. You need to find out where your heart's going to open up more; with Liam or Perrie?"

"Of course you haven't been stuck in this pile of rubbish before. Louis is right in front of you ready to take your dick and love you and the feelings are mutual for you. It's simple."

"Well, make your situation simple too, Zayn," Harry says. "Liam already fancies you and all you need to do is fancy him back. Perrie, however, you need to work with."

"So you're telling me to go with Liam?"

"Do what's best."

"Well, I don't know what's best, H!"

"I can't tell you anything more than just go with your heart, Zayn. I really can't. It's not my decision to tell you know to love," Harry sighs. Zayn shakes his head and places his sandwich on the ziplock bag. He stares at Harry seriously.

"Are you sure Louis won't tell anyone?"

"I promise, Z. We talked about it in the treehouse. We're not allowed to speak outside of that."

"Treehouse?" Zayn questions. "You talk to Louis in a treehouse?"

Harry instantly pales, realizing what he has just said. "Oh my god."

"What-- where the fuck are you going?" Zayn calls, watching Harry pack his things and walk away with his school bag on one shoulder. He's pacing away quickly. "Harry!"