Chapter Fourty Six

idk if you guys have read any of my other stories but if you've read Rise to the Top (or that modelling au if you have no clue what I'm talking about) tHANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH FOR 50,000 READS IMAUJNSAKDOKL xx

____

He arrives at Harry's with a hand behind his back. A coat covers his shoulders and a beanie is secured over his head. It's a good day today, bright with little cloud cover. It's the bitter wind that's really taking a bite out of his warmth today.

The 21st of December it is, just a mere 4 days before Christmas day. He's excited for Christmas more than his birthday. He can't wait to give Harry his present, a polished, new, Taylor 210 acoustic guitar he just managed to find in the music store the other day. It's sitting in his hotel room now inside a lovely case with a bow on top. Harry's going to absolutely love it, and Louis is sure of it.

So Harry answers the door and the first thing Louis does is hand over the flowers he had concealed behind his back. Harry shoots his eyes open and smiles to the flowers, then to Louis. Louis shakes him gently to entice Harry to take them, so he does and sniffs them.

There's no scent but the roses are sweeter than his mum's homemade fruit cake. "Special occasion?" he questions.

"Yeah, it's me coming over your house and you giving me a kiss - that's the special occasion," and Harry's eyes crinkle from grinning so hard and he gives a chaste kiss to Louis, dragging him inside to his room.

He shrugs off his coat and glances to Harry trying to keep the roses up right by leaning them against the wall. Louis laughs and walks towards him, hugging Harry from behind and saying, "you know, there's such thing as a vase, love."

"So smart, aren't you?" Harry spits sarcastically, simpering to his favourite blue eyed boy. "How did you even get these? All the flowers should be dead. It's snowing outside."

"I heard that during the Winter, the southern hemisphere experiences Summer! And there's this thing called planes which deliver flowers from all around the world. What a fact! Mind-blown!" Harry thwacks him in the chest. "Hey, you're the one asking the stupid questions."

"You could be nicer. You're just as cold-hearted as the wind outside."

Louis pouts and spins Harry around to face him. Harry's in view with a shit-eating grin. "You need more hot cocoa to sweeten that mouth of yours."

Harry leans forward and bites the tip of his nose, lacing his fingers with Louis and letting their toes touch. "What's the plan for today?"

"Whatever you want," Louis says. "We could build a snowman."

Harry kisses his nose with a chuckle, singing, "do you want to build a snowman? C'mon lets go and play!" He bounces up and down and releases their hands to twirl around. He catches his hands again and says, "that was the first movie we watched together, Lou."

"Frozen was the best."

"Is the best," Harry corrects. "But it's too cold for snowmen stuff today. I think I might stay in with you then go to town later to fetch a few things."

"Like what?"

"You know, marshmallows for cocoa," Harry says. "Anything else you want as well."

"I feel like a really nice pot of your mum's chicken noodle soup would be necessary tonight," Louis says. "Also just a heads up, I'm going to stay over tonight."

Harry pulls a face of disgust and rolls his eyes, moaning, "fine."

"You should stop being sarcastic, it really ruins your pretty face," Louis snaps playfully. Harry caresses his cheek and pulls him in for a small peck, Harry remaining so very close to Louis with their breaths mingling together. "Hey, twit."