Chapter Fourty Nine - Final

He walks out and he immediately spots her, scowling and standing in spot, before shouting, "Harry!"

Of course he comes running down the stairs topless. He was probably still asleep, despite Louis' pushing and shoving to get up five minutes ago. Louis stands by the stairs, watching Boo Boo sit with her legs still open, a wet patch underneath her. Harry's next to him and he sighs, shaking his head, before he trots over and picks up the dog.

"You know, I expected a murderer to be in the house with the way you screamed for me," Harry frowns at Louis. "It's a little pee on the floor--"

"And you're the one that promised me the dog would start using that stupid litter tray we bought it, not pissing on free will." Louis folds his arms and holds a smirk on Harry. Harry rolls his eyes and sneers back, popping Boo Boo on the floor before getting a towel to soak up the pee. "If the cat can do such things, then the dog can too."

"It was your idea to get a dog, Lou. And they have names."

Louis dead pans Harry before saying, "fine. If Daisy can use the litter tray, then Boo Boo should be able to too--" and Harry begins to laugh under his breath, pretending that Louis didn't notice whatsoever. "Are you fucking serious, H? You're a child!"

"It's funny when you say it--"

"You shouldn't have given a chihuahua such an obnoxious name."

Harry looks up with offence, eyes squinted and brows furrowed. "The puppy doesn't deserve to hear your rude names."

"It pissed on the floor. It deserves to be thrown out in the snow."

Harry chuckles at his husband, standing up with the pee soaked towel and he throws it in the sink. "Louis, what a fucking stupid name," he whispers quite obviously. He can tell Louis has wide eyes at him, probably furious. But banter like this only leads to some pretty wild sex. "What 22 year old man is called that, ew."

Of course Louis storms up behind him and twists him around, a finger prodding into his chest. His eyes are sharp and his nose is flared. Yep, he's angry. Harry's smirking his face off.

"Excuse you, but you share my surname, Mr. Your Husband Has A Horrible Name. Take that as a privilege, because I can easily take it away from you."

Harry laughs lightly at him. "I'm sure the process of divorce is as easy as you make it sound, love."

Louis grins and lifts himself up on his tiptoes, kissing Harry gingerly. "That is why I refrain from trying to ruin this marriage, or losing my ring," Louis whispers. Harry grins and plays with the hem of Louis' shirt, but Louis slaps his hands away. "Ah, excuse me, but you still have pee on your hands."

"I've gotten a lot of things on my hands, but that never stopped us."

"Fuck up, you unsanitary bastard. It's a wonder how I haven't been food poisoned by you." But Louis kisses him anyway. Even if Harry was some type of hobo Louis would love his husband as much as he always has. "Wash your hands and have a shower. I'll prep us some tea. Laika's coming over today before we leave back to the farm."

Harry does as he says, an aggravated sigh leaving his lips but it's nothing more than sarcastic. He showers while Louis makes tea, and Laika comes over a little earlier than expected. Both hug and kiss each other on the cheek and sit at the dining table with a pot of tea in front of them. 

They moved out from their shitty apartment a while ago. After Louis got his Bachelor of Arts, they found another place much closer to the farm. It's only an hour drive, instead of a two hour train journey. It's a biggish home, maybe something for a family. They haven't considered kids yet, despite being married for just over a year. The pets are enough already.