Chapter Twenty Five

unedited because 11pm and im dying from fireproof

"I'm sorry."

Liam isn't that mad, honestly, but he really didn't mind all the sweet talk from Harry. He's begging, pleading, for forgiveness for missing out training the day before and hopes Liam understood the situation he's going through right now with Louis.

Liam plays sharp and folds his arms over his chest, flattening out his lips and looking stern. Harry's heart is beating fast and he's sure that Liam's going to kick him from the team.

"Okay," he says simply. "But when I ask for a favour, you better do it for me."

"Anything."

"All right," Liam nods. "You're playing this week too, okay? We need a good player."

Harry smiles brightly. "I'll be there, promise."

"Eleven, H. Otherwise I'll force you to third wheel on another outing, without Louis."

Harry laughs at him before walking to his chemistry class.

*****

Zayn hits Harry's shin under the table and it provokes him. Harry groans and slams a fist down onto Zayn's thigh and Zayn holds in a squeak. Their health teacher really doesn't give - he shouldn't even have a job. 

This hitting thing has been going on for far too long; the entire lesson almost. It's mainly because Harry can't convince Zayn just to ask Liam out. Apparently, Perrie's holding a party at hers this weekend and Zayn's tempted to go after spending the afternoon at Liam's. Harry knows it's not cheating, but it's fucking cheating in his eyes.

Zayn kicks his heel into Harry's bone again and he glares, hard and mean. Zayn raises his eyebrows and snickers under his breath, pretending to focus on the work the teacher knows no one is going to do. Harry pauses and then launches over Zayn's writing arm, scribbling over his work and ruining the printed words. The teacher shouts for Harry and Zayn to stop mucking around, and moments after, they're sent outside the class.

Both are clueless. It's not like they were bothering anyone. Harry's probably going to get in the shits for this with his mum when he gets back home. Hes frightened of how things are going to go, maybe he won't be allowed to play football. It was hard enough trying to convince her that he wanted to play. He's struggling hard enough with school tutoring and guitar lessons, and now football's taking up precious study time. And Louis makes every situation difficult - in a good way, probably. Hopefully.

They sit with their backs against the wall, not speaking and letting their lonely sighs take up the sounds of the corridors. There's only a few minutes left of this class; until the end of the school day. He just wants to get home and spend time with Louis. 

"Hey, what was that thing you were worrying about at lunch time?" Zayn questions him suddenly. Harry stares at him oddly. 

"What thing?"

"With Louis," he reminds. "He wasn't really... He didn't seem too impressed when Liam offered his food, that's all."

"He ate earlier, he said," Harry knew what the problem is exactly, and he's so, so afraid that Louis is indeed trying to starve himself. He shouldn't, but Louis couldn't stop. "It's nothing to worry about. I just thought maybe he felt sick or something."

Zayn laughs quietly. "You two have some serious issues with each other."

"That's nice."

"No, I really mean serious issues. You fucking treat him like a princess. Oh, Louis is sick! I must help him. You remember that time I vomited at one party and you weren't even there to hold my hair back."