Chapter Twenty One

15 votes for the next chapter. 

It's his last first day of school. Final year. Louis is finally a senior.

He catches a bus, not bothering his snickering parents in the kitchen. Louis makes his own lunch, which is very poorly made and is sure to bring out Gordon Ramsey's worst, and walks alone to the bus stop. He meets with Harry and hugs him good morning. He hasn't forgot about that kiss three nights ago. In fact, that's all he's been thinking about.

"Final year," Harry whispers to him. "You lucky bugger."

"Are you trying out for junior squad today?" Louis questions him. Harry nods. "I'm making sure I get out of block three to come watch you."

"Noooo," Harry moans with a grin. "For all I know, you're probably going to embarrass me in front of the crowd."

"I'm not that awful to you, Haz. Don't you like a little support?"

Harry shrugs. "I guess so," Louis hums and blinks happily to Harry. Louis' wearing long sleeves today, and it's probably weird considering that the weather is going to heat up later on. His eyes flicker to Louis' lips, and he uses all his willpower to stop himself from scooping Louis up and kissing him sweetly.

The bus arrives and the rascally two head to the back, Louis on Harry's lap despite all the room left, big enough for two more people to fit in. Both play around like children and talk nonsense on the way to high school. They're dropped off, and they depart from each other to their own group of friends.

Harry isn't surprised when he sees both Zayn and Liam talking by the lockers. He hasn't seen them all holidays, and he wonders if Zayn has still tried to pull a move on Liam. He knows they're both interested in each other, and Zayn has even confessed it while mildly drunk. He wants Zayn to go for it, but it seems a little hard since little Miss Perrie Edwards is now starting to take a shine to Zayn.

Liam touches Zayn's hand before walking away to his own destination. Harry stands beside his best friend and grins to him, poking at his cheek with a devious giggle.

"It's been like a year, Z. Just fucking ask him out."

"No," Zayn says coldly. "Harry, I just don't want to... right now."

"He's not going to stay here for forever, you know? He's going to find a fuck, and he's going to stay with her like his dick belongs in her arse."

Zayn sighs and shamefully faces away from Harry. He becomes shy and crosses his arms over his chest, shaking his head with depreciation. "I-I just don't think I'm good enough for him, H. Liam's so nice, and he's good looking. I still don't understand why he's chosen me."

"There's a reason why he's choosing you, Zayn, and that's something you need to stick with. Liam's been there for you for so long and I still don't understand why you're not asking him to be yours."

"He's just my best friend, H. I-I don't know how long I'd last if I were with him all my life, you know? You either break up or marry that's the rule with relationships."

"Don't think about marriage yet, it will just put your mind off."

"Same about the break ups, Harry. I'm scared I'd hurt Liam's feelings, and that someone better could find him and stay with him. I'm not sure if--"

"Hi!" Perrie walks over with a winning smile, leaning against the locker next to Zayn and purring up to him. "You comin' this weekend, love?"

"I-I..." Zayn stammers and Harry can see the sweat on his forehead. Fuck, Zayn's definitely not over this chick. "Um... sure, yeah. I'll meet you there... honey."