Chapter Three

Cyn

Cyn

"It was amazing Hen. I can't lie and you know me, I can pretty much find a flaw in all men that I've went on dates with in the past year but it was literally the best date I've ever been on."
I exclaimed to my sister as we sat on her couch and watched Netflix movies. She'd made me come over today to hear all about my date and I was literally gushing to tell her all the details.
She clapped and smiled, "Good! I'm glad you had fun. Rico told me how sickening you looked in that dress. I wish I could've saw you off."
"Yeah I was feeling myself just a little bit." I admitted.
"So you mentioned that you got emotional in front of him which you never cry in front of people. What happened?"
"He asked me about my last relationship so we talked about Dave and how much of an asshole he was when Mom passed away. So then I started thinking about Mom and it went downhill."
"That hoe ass dude." She said rolling her eyes.
"Exactly, he's so not even worth my time and energy so moving on," I said kicking my feet up under me, "he handled it so smooth though. I was thinking 'Way to go Cyn, you just fucked this date up', but he consoled me and we left dinner early and went to this old cafe where it was only me and him and drank wine and talked some more."
"Did y'all do the nasty?" She pried as she grinned at me.
I rolled my eyes and laughed, "No, Hennessy. I'm not as loose as you are. I don't give a damn who he is, nobody gets my goodies that fast."
"Why I gotta be loose? I'm just a free spirit who embraces my sexuality." She laughed as she shrugged.
"Whatever."
"Did you at least kiss the man?"
"No, he didn't try to kiss me. When he took me back to my place, he kissed the side of my mouth and wished me a good night. That was it."
"The headlining question Cynthia is, will you be going out with him again?"
I shrugged, "If he asks me again, I will. But who knows when that will be, it's not like he lives here in the city."
"No distance can stand between a man and what he wants. He'll be back." She said eating a spoonful of chili.
"We'll see, I guess."

"Good morning Mya." I spoke to my assistant as I walked in the firm the next day.
"Good morning Ms. Santana! How are you?" She smiled extra big.
"I'm fine and yourself?" I said giving her a side eye. What the heck was she so giddy about?
"I'm good. You're gonna freak when you see your office." She said before she laughed and sat down at her desk.
"Why, what's wrong?" I panicked.
"Nothing's wrong, just go take a peek." She smiled.
I slowly pushed the door open, "Oh my God!"
She laughed as she clapped her hands, "Told you that you would freak out."
I couldn't even move as I looked around at all the red roses and white calla lilies. There were flowers literally in every inch and crevice of my office.
"A certain somebody has really taking a liking to you!" Mya exclaimed.
My legs finally allowed me to walk to my desk and read the note with my name written on it.
"Cyn, thanks for fitting me into your busy schedule the other night. I immensely enjoyed your company and I can't wait to see you again. Please accept these as a small token of my appreciation for allowing me to take you out.
Peace and love, Tremaine."
As I read it, butterflies flew around my stomach. I don't know if I'd even get a chance to work today because I'm sure I wouldn't be able to focus with all of these flowers around me.
I took a picture of my office and my cute little note and sent it to Hen and Rico.
As soon as I sent the message, my phone rang with Trey's number coming across the screen.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Good morning beautiful." His raspy voice replied to me.
"Good morning, how are you?"
"I'm cool, a little tired but I'll make it." He said clearing his throat, "Did you get the flowers?"
"I did, I just walked in not too long along. They're so beautiful, thank you."
"You're more than welcome."
"There's so many flowers in here, I'm literally so overwhelmed." I smiled as I picked up one of them and smelled it.
He laughed, "I'm a very romantic guy so I go over board most of the time."
"That's not a bad thing." I said softly.
"You got a long day planned?"
"Actually I'm leaving work early today. Henny and I are going to my Mom's grave. Today is her birthday."
"Oh okay. While you're out there, tell her that her future son in law said happy birthday."
I giggled, "Her future son in law?"
"Yeah, that's me. Cause I'm gonna marry you one day."
My heart damn near beat out of my chest.
"You're crazy." I said laughing.
He laughed too, "No I'm not. I just believe in speaking good things into existence. So I got a question for you."
"Okay, shoot."
"I'll be back in New York City next Sunday. Can we hang out?"
"Uh, sure." I stammered out.
"Cool. Well I don't want to take up too much of your time, I know you've got work to do. I'll just talk to you later. Have a good day."
"Thanks you too, bye." I said hanging up.
My cheeks were hurting because I'd clearly smiled too much. This man was bringing out a softer side in my that I hadn't seen in a long time.
"Okay Cyn. Get it together." I stood up and tried to shake my feelings away before starting my work day.

" I stood up and tried to shake my feelings away before starting my work day

Trey

"Forty eight, forty nine, one more! You've come this far, don't bitch up on me now Trigga." My trainer Will said as I held my stance for my last pull up.
I took a deep breath and pulled myself up one more time before letting the bar go.
"Good job." He said patting my shoulder as I chugged water from my bottle.
"Shit man, I'm wore out."
"No you're not. After these wall sits, you'll be wore out. But I'll give you a quick break." He said walking off.
"Shit!" I cringed from soreness in my legs as I walked over to the weight bench and sat down.
"My nigga, what it do?" My best friend Bully said walking in throwing his gym bag on the floor.
"Ain't shit, dog. You late though." I said dapping him up.
"On purpose. Will wore me out the last time I trained with him. Hopefully, he ain't got enough time to work me out today and I can just do my own thing. But anyway, how was the Powerhouse show?"
"It was cool. You know I was nervous about it because of the bad cold I was just getting over but it turned out straight."
"That's what's up."
"Bully, I met a girl so damn bad man." I said hitting his knee.
He smiled, "At the show?"
"Yeah."
"Who was she? Somebody I know of?"
"Nah, she's low key. She's a financial advisor at her own firm in Manhattan. Light skin black chick mixed with Puerto Rican, cute face, banging body. Her name is Cyn." I said thinking back to our first encounter.
"Damn, she sound perfect. She's somebody don't nobody know? And she fine? And she got her own business so you know she don't need you for shit? Sound like a winner, winner, chicken dinner to me."
I laughed, "Exactly. I been thinking about this girl constantly. All I can think about is getting back to the NY to get at her."
"What the box like?"
"I haven't smashed."
He looked at me like he didn't believe me, "It's me Trey. I know you, you definitely smashed."
"I swear I didn't. I wasn't on that like that, I really like her. Don't get me wrong, I definitely wanna fuck her brains out, but I haven't yet. I wanna play this right and see what happens."
"Damn nigga, you got it bad already and she ain't even gave it up yet." He laughed.
"I'm going back next Sunday to take her out again. You should come with me, she got a sister. She fine too."
"Good looking, I'll most definitely go with you."
"That's what's up. I can't wait." I smiled as Will walked back towards us.
Next Sunday couldn't come quick enough.

As soon as I pulled into my driveway, I saw Tanaya's car parked there.
God knows I ain't feel like dealing with her today.
I sighed and pulled my Lamborghini in the garage and hopped out.
She got out of her car and approached me, "Hey."
She smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.
I kissed her back, "What's up? What you doing here?"
"I figured you were back home so I came to surprise you. I thought I'd fix you lunch and maybe be your dessert." She smiled as she licked her lips.
Although that sounded awesome cause she was sexy as hell, I wasn't in the mood.
"I'm actually just coming home for a second to change clothes and head back out. I gotta meeting in forty minutes downtown."
"Oh," she looked sad, "well maybe tonight?"
"Can I call and let you know?" I asked her.
"Sure." She said still lookin disappointed.
"I'm sorry, I'll call you?" I said touching her chin softly.
A smile slowly creeped from her lips, "Okay. Call me."
She got back in the car and pulled off.
I had to figure out what to do. Technically, I wasn't in a relationship with anybody so I shouldn't feel bad about dating multiple women. Hell I'd done it before, a bunch of times. But I felt this weird connection with Cyn that made me feel obligated to her only. Tanaya was cool but she didn't make me feel like Cyn did. When I was with Cyn, I felt at ease, like I could be myself and not live up to any Trey Songz expectations. She liked me for me, who I was as a celebrity was just a plus for her. I didn't wanna hurt Tanaya either though. We'd spent a lot of time together and shared a lot of special moments. She was a sweet girl who adored me, she just wasn't "it" for me.
I was attracted to Cyn initially just from her exotic look but after learning about her business and getting to know her personally, we just seemed to click more. I enjoyed her company more, there was more depth even in our conversations, like she got me and I got her.
Was Bully right? Did I already have it bad after one date?