Chapter Six

Cyn

Cyn

"Hen, What the fuck is going on?" I said mad annoyed. Today was my birthday and this year instead of the normal go out to eat with Ric and my sister that I did every year with a mall trip where I bought whatever I wanted, Hen had talked me into letting her plan me some extravagant surprise. She wouldn't give me any hints or clues. She'd showed up at my house this morning and told me to get in the shower and get dressed. Once I'd done that, she put a black tie around my eyes and earbuds in my ears. I wasn't able to hear or see shit. I knew I'd boarded a bus or some shit though because she had pulled me through small aisles and sat me down in a seat.
I felt someone pull my earbuds out, "Will you be quiet? You're so loud!"
"Ric?!"
"Yes, hey sis." He laughed.
"Where am I? I'm seriously freaking out." I said frantically about to pull the tie from around my eyes.
"No, just calm down. You'll ruin your sister's surprise. Hell im not supposed to be talking to you now. If she finds out, she'll try to fight me."
He said slapping my hands away from my face.
"Ric, where are we right now though? On a bus or some shit?"
I heard a few people laugh and couldn't tell if they were laughing at something else or me.
"We're on an airplane Cyn." He said after chuckling.
"What?" I yelled as I tried to stand.
"Sshh! Just calm down." I felt his hands guide me back down to the seat.
"I don't like this. My nerves are too bad to be freaking blind folded and shit, like what the fuck were you guys thinking about springing this shit on me?"
"It's a surprise sweet pea. That's all I can say."
He said patting my back.
I sighed and sat back, "Where is Hen?"
"She went to the bathroom. She'll be back in a second before the plane takes off so put your headphones back in and try to relax. Take a nap or something. We'll have this stuff off of you in no time, I promise."
"Ric..."
"Come on Cyn, just play along. It'll be worth it in the end. Please?"
"Ugh! Okay, damn." I said reaching for the earphones and placing them back in my ears.
This shit was for the birds.

"Come on sleeping beauty, wake up!"
My eyes slowly opened and I could see my sister's smiling face.
"Happy birthday Cynthia!!!" Rico and Erica yelled from behind her.
I smiled, "Thank you! What the hell is going on?"
"We wanted to surprise you by taking you on a trip! I knew if I had of just asked you to go, you would have freaked out and made up every excuse in the book not to come. So we kidnapped you." Hennessy said still cheesing.
I shook my head, "Where are we?"
"Where are we you guys?" She said turning to Rico and Erica.
"Los Angeles!!!!!!!!" They shrieked followed by screams.
"Oh my goodness," I said holding my chest. I was in California?!
"Right! Aren't you excited?" Erica yelled pulling me up from my seat. She was Henny's best friend. We got along great but sometimes her and my sister's personality together was too overbearing. Because of that and because I worked all the damn time, I didn't see her often. However, I was glad to see her today.
"I guess?" I said shrugging.
"Don't guess, know. It's gonna be oodles and oodles of fun! Come on, let's get this shit cracking!" Hennessy yelled pulling my arm and walking me off the plane.
As we rode the tram to take us to get the luggage, I noticed the beautiful palm trees and the sunny sky. This was unbelievably amazing to see.
"Isn't this gorgeous?" Rico said interrupting my gaze.
"It is, I can't believe I'm here." I admitted with a smile.
"So you're excited?" Henny asked with a hesitant smile.
I laughed, "Yes, I am. Thanks sister."
I hugged her and kissed her cheek.
"You're welcome beautiful. You already know we about to turn this bitch out! LA ain't ready at all for the damage we about to do, for real!" She said all hype.
"Word to ya mutha! This shit about to be so lit!" Erica chimed in.
We got the luggage and went outside. Right as I was about to ask what we were gonna do next, an all black Escalade with tinted windows pulled up. The passenger door opened and a familiar face appeared.
"Hey Ms. Cynthia, welcome to Los Angeles."
"Thanks Bugs, But you don't have to call me Ms. Cynthia, Cyn is fine." I smiled at him.
"Very well, Cyn." He added smiling back, "Can I help you and your group with your things?"
"Sure," I said handing him my bags.
"Y'all ain't slick."I said turning to Hen and Rico.
"Okay, we may have told your boo that we were coming and he may have helped us plan this shit, so what. Enjoy this life, this is all you now boo!" Hen said handing him her things next and getting in the truck.
I shook my head, "I yi yi."
This was about to be one crazy ass weekend and I couldn't help but feel that I was ready for it.