Chapter Thirteen

Cyn

 Eight weeks later

Eight weeks later...

"There should be one more box in my bedroom." I said to one of the movers as I looked around downstairs to make sure I wasn't leaving anything behind.

Today was moving day and I was experiencing so many different emotions.

One minute I was anxious to get to California and start my new life, the next I was so nervous about leaving my home, NYC, the place where I was born, the only home I'd ever known. I mean this was the place where my roots were, and just like that, I was about to be gone.

The thing I was the most sad about was leaving Rico. My sister refused to let me leave New York without her, so she was moving out West with me.

Her job at the radio station had already processed her transfer to the sister station out there, so she was good. I was ecstatic that she was coming too, that made the move a little easier, but still I was gonna miss the shit out of Rico.

We'd been together since the seventh grade and now we would live on opposite sides of the country? That saddened me tremendously.

The rest of my family I only saw periodically anyway, so I wasn't really concerned with leaving them.

"Sissy, you ready?" Hennessy asked coming in the kitchen where I was checking behind myself to make sure I didn't leave anything.

Slowly, I nodded, "I guess so."

Her face slowly broke out into a smile, "You're nervous?"

I quickly nodded.

"I already know, but we got big shit happening boo. We gotta go and start the next chapter." She said rubbing my belly.

My baby bump was finally surfacing and between her and Ric, they couldn't keep their hands off of me.

I can't lie; I found myself most times now touching my belly too. It was weird that I was housing a little person inside of me but beautiful at the same time.  The baby had finally started moving to where I could feel it. It was the most amazing thing I'd experienced. I couldn't wait until he or she actually kicked, so Trey could feel it.

"You're right; it's still hard leaving it all behind though." I said looking around at the big empty space.

"I know, but I'll be there with you every step of the way," she said smiling at me, "now come on, the car should be here soon."

I sighed and took one last look.

"Okay, I'm ready." I said.

I grabbed my Chanel backpack and put it on preparing to leave before there was a knock at the door.

"Maybe that's the car." Hen said opening the door, "oh, hey Ric!"

"Hey," He said with his bottom lip poked out as he hugged her tightly, "let me take a good look at you since I won't see you in Lord knows when."