Chapter Twenty Five

Trey

Trey

"You sure you wanna do this?" Bully asked as I straightened my tie.

I chuckled, "You wait until the day of to ask me if I really wanna do this? You should've been had this conversation with me nigga. Yes, I wanna do this. I'm gonna marry Cyn today."

"Hey, it's never too late to ask. You ain't did it yet. If you wanted to, I could get the car and drive around back..."

"I said I'm doing it, Bully." I interrupted him.

He looked at me with a very serious face before cracking up laughing, "I was just bullshitting man. I knew you was gonna do it."

I smiled, "You play all day."

"I know," he said before continuing, "I couldn't be more happy for you my nigga. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks." I said holding out my hand.

He pulled me into a hug and embraced me for a minute.

"I finally got little man dressed. Wanna see him?" Cici said from the other side of the bedroom door.

"Let her in for me." I said to Bully.

He nodded and went to open the door.

I turned to see her coming in with him in tow in a fresh little tux.

"What's up son?" I smiled as he smiled back at me.

She handed him to me.

"You looking mad fresh Santana." I said kissing on his chubby cheeks as he giggled.

It was almost his first birthday and I was more in love with him and his mom now than I was prior.

Having a near death experience made you reevaluate everything.

I still couldn't believe that nigga had tried to kill me, but on one hand, I was glad that he had shot me and not Cyn or my son.

Dave's ass had finally been found back in New York City hiding and was now facing 25-life with the possibility of parole in 15 years.

With all that being said, Cyn has been there for me every step in my recovery after getting shot. She'd clothed me, changed my bedpan, fed me when I couldn't move from excruciating pain, massaged me when needed, rewrapped my nasty wound, bathed me, anything I needed, she did it, all while still taking care of our son as well.

I knew she loved me beforehand, but after that happened and she was there for me every step of the way as I got back to myself, my love for her intensified and I didn't even think that was possible.