Chapter Twelve

Cyn

Cyn

Two months later...

"So there's something that we want to share with you all." I said standing in a room full of people that were important to me and Trey.

We were in NYC at my house having a BBQ. Everyone here was special to the both of us and thought it was just a mixer so that they all could meet each other. Little did they know that Hen, Trey, and I had been holding in the fact that I was pregnant until now. It was a lot for us to process at first but now, we were comfortable and had come to accept the fact that we were gonna be parents. Actually, we were now ecstatic about the baby and in love with the idea of having a little person of our own. Now it was time to share our news with everyone else.

Everybody got quiet and looked at me.

"Wait, where's Trey?" I asked looking around.

"Here I am boo, watch out nigga," He said as he made his way through the living room where his friends were.

His eyes were a little tight so I knew he was high or drunk, if not a mixture of both.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "He's so extra."

He grabbed my waist from behind and laid his head on my shoulder.

I smiled up at him.

"Are y'all gonna tell us or keep staring at each other googly eyed?" April asked making everybody laugh.

I looked up at him, "Tell them."

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "We love everybody in this room so much that we wanted to get you all together, not just to meet and get to know one another, but to share some kind of major news with y'all."

"Oh God," Rico said nervously looking at us, "what is it?"

"Right, hurry up and spill it." April said anxiously.

"We're pregnant." Trey finally said after a long, dramatic pause.

"Ahh!" April screamed jumping up and down, "y'all playing with me!"

I nervously shook my head, "No, we're serious. Hey Grandma."

She laughed and ran over and hugged us both at the same time.

When she pulled back, I saw she had tears in her eyes.

"I'm so happy for you guys!!" She cried.

"Thanks!" I said relieved that she wasn't upset.

The few members of my family that I'd invited came around usand congratulated us as well.

When they were done Rico came up to me with a solemn face, "Cyn, we need to talk."

"That's gonna have to wait cause we actually have one more announcement." Trey said.

Ric looked at Trey disdainfully and took a step back from us folding his arms across his chest. He didn't look happy at all.