deux

the clock read eight in the morning.

the sky outside was cloudy and grey, much like chenle himself.

he had woken up first, seeing as how he was still cuddled up into jisung's side. he also noticed the boy's arms still wrapped around his waist, which caused a tint of pink to form around chenle's cheeks.

the taller was still sleeping, and to chenle, he looked so peaceful. this made the shorter to frown. he was probably a huge burden to jisung.

but then again, he was a huge burden to everyone, wasn't he?

chenle mindlessly took ahold of jisung's hands and played with his slender fingers whilst in his own thoughts.

the fidgeting chenle did caused jisung to stir in his sleep. the shorter didn't want to wake him up just yet, so he stopped messing with the taller's hands, put them back on his waist, shut his eyes then nuzzled himself back into jisung's chest, not making any further movement as taller continued to shift around.

jisung then suddenly stopped, making chenle to think he was back asleep. after a while of silence, he decided it was safe to open his eyes.

but when he did, he quickly met jisung's eyes gazing right into him.

"goodmorning to you, too," the taller smiled, something that caused chenle's face to suddenly turn a light red. "why'd you do that?" jisung asked, a cute smile playing on his lips as he eyed the quite literal, most absolute beautiful boy he'd seen in his life.

"...d-do w-what?" chenle replied, his voice hoarse and very, very silent. jisung then looked down at where his hands were, and gave the shorter's waist a light squeeze before looking back at him.

"you were playing with my hands, and then when i moved, you put them back here," jisung explained, again giving chenle's waist another light squeeze. "why?" he playfully asked.

chenle could feel his face start to slowly heat up (again), so he took a short breath and came up with a better reason than to say he didn't want to wake him up, because that's just where his mind went.

"because i was taught to put things that aren't mine, back where i found them." the shorter mumbled, practically shoving his head into jisung's chest because he was afraid of what the taller boy would say next. he mentally scolded himself at his reasoning, which in his opinion was ridiculous compared to the original one.

jisung let out the cutest laughter chenle had ever heard in his sixteen years of living. just the sound of it sent a foreign feeling of butterflies swarming through his stomach, that he couldn't explain.

"that's so adorable~" the taller cooed, chenle now becoming a flustered mess right in front of him. jisung tightened his grip on the shorter's waist, and ended up holding him like that for a while, it being clear none of them wanted to pull away.

but of course, they did.

and once they did, jisung knew he had a few things to talk about with chenle. the two were now sitting cross-legged on the taller's bed, facing each other.

"d-do you... think you want to talk about it?" the taller asked quietly, both of them knowing clearly what 'it' was. when chenle didn't respond and simply kept his gaze on his lap, jisung knew he had to think of something else. "or, do you want to get to know each other a little more?" he suggested, seeing shorter slowly nod in agreement.

"twenty questions?" jisung smiled, a smile that caused chenle's heart to unknowingly flutter. the shorter hummed silently in response, placing his chin in both his hands and gazing into jisung's pretty eyes.

"i'll go first," the taller said, shifting in his spot slightly before having his full focus on chenle. "how old are you?" he questioned.

"sixteen." the shorter responded, jisung's face lighting up in such an adorable way when he answered. "me too!" he exclaimed happily. he then told him his birthday, which ended up indicating chenle was older. chenle watched the latter intently, eyes following his with every slight move he made. the shorter hummed silently as he thought of a question, and ended up going pretty basic.

slowly, the two started getting an idea of each other and their personalities. it was going alright, until chenle asked jisung about his favorite music. the question seemed to spark a light in the boy, because he happily fell back onto his bed and started talking about his top songs and bands all at the speed of light.

chenle didn't really stop him, even though he didn't know anything he was talking about. he found jisung's voice soothing and calming, so when jisung suddenly stopped talking, and rose up from where he fell back in his bed, he gave him a slightly confused look.

the boy realized how had been going on and on about music for a good five minutes now, without letting chenle say a word.

jisung flushed red as he covered his large hands, afraid of looking chenle in the eye again.

"i-i'm sorry. i tend to talk a lot when i'm excited." jisung shyly told, completely embarrassed with himself.

"no, it's okay. i... i-i liked hearing you talk." chenle told quietly, noticing a strand of hair that was raised up on jisung's head when he sat back up. the strand was bothering the shorter because it wasn't in place.

so, chenle leaned slightly into jisung and very softly took the strand and set it back in front of his face.

the action caused jisung to turn even redder, something chenle liked seeing.

"t-thanks." the taller stuttered, both boys now just gazing at each other in silence because they were that focused within themselves.

that was, however, until chenle's stomach grumbled.

the shorter put his hands over his stomach and mentally cursed himself, although jisung smiled.

"wanna go get breakfast?" the taller asked, hopefulness in his voice that made chenle want to melt right on the stop. the latter slowly nodded and jisung smiled wider.

the taller offered chenle to shower and dress into some of his clothing before heading out, which he timidly accepted.

and after the shorter finished up his business, he dressed into some of jisung's sweatpants and a matching grey zip-up sweater underneath a plain white t-shirt. the clothing fit him pretty oversized, making him seem even smaller (and cuter) than he was. jisung waited for the boy to return by his living room, just scrolling through his phone mindlessly.

chenle shyly made his way out of the taller's room and walked towards him, a small smile on his lips when jisung happily shut his phone off and diverted all his attention to the shorter.

jisung opened his front door, letting the shorter walk out first. he carefully took chenle's hand into his own when they were out, which caused both boys to blush lightly, although they managed to fight it off and head over to a nearby diner on foot.

«🎐»

time check; 16:07

i'm so damn tired, man

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura