dix

"his name is eunki, only four months old."

"please, take care of him."

"i feel so bad..." chenle mumbled to himself, seeing the baby wrapped tightly in a light blue blanket, just laying there in the dirty bush. of course, chenle picked him up along with the note left on him. it included things like his birthday and other information about eunki.

jisung was literally speechless. how could somebody do this to their own son? it was a thought he didn't even know how to comprehend.

by now the baby had stopped crying, and it was because he was in chenle's arms. the couple stood there in the now silent night, worried sick for eunki.

"... c-can w-we... can we t-take him w-with us?" the elder asked silently. he lived in jisung's house. his house? his rules. if he didn't want the baby, then they would go to a police department or a daycare where they would look after him. he just didn't want to do anything without jisung's permission.

the younger didn't even have to debate it in his mind.

maybe it was because chenle's eyes screamed that he wanted to keep the baby.

maybe it was because he'd always wanted to be a father.

or maybe, it was because seeing chenle hold that baby right in front of his eyes, was his exact fit of the future he wanted.

"yes. let's take him home." jisung said, seeing chenle nod and smile down at eunki. they began walking back together quickly, getting to their home within minutes. once they were inside, the elder headed up to jisung's room and placed the baby on the bed, slowly unraveling the blanket from him.

he was wearing a matching blue colored onesie, something jisung smiled at. the baby's jet black hair was messy over his forehead, making jisung push his hair back gently to avoid it getting in his eyes.

seeing jisung do that made chenle's heart flutter.

"what if he gets hungry?" the elder asked quietly, not wanting to wake the baby up. that was when jisung stood up from his kneeling position and walked over to his nightstand, pulling out his wallet. "i'll go get baby formula right now." he said, though chenle quickly shook his head and stood up in front of him.

"jisung, it's late. plus you're really tired and i can see it and i don't want you being outside at this hour and-"

jisung shut his boyfriend up by pressing their lips together in a soft kiss. and chenle being chenle, immediately melted into it.

"there's countless twenty-four hour stores open right now really close to here. i'll be back soon, okay?" the taller told silently, smiling when his boyfriend finally gave in. "okay. but if you're not back in fifteen minutes i'm calling the police and starting a search party." he warned, jisung only giggling at him. "alright."

after sharing another quick kiss, jisung headed off to go find the baby formula and a bottle while his boyfriend stayed home.

chenle carefully placed eunki in between the soft pillows of the bed, using the other ones to surround him so he wouldn't fall over while he took a quick shower, which was no longer than five minutes because he was scared that the baby would somehow wake up, start walking as if he could at his age, and fall over the bed.