Chapter Six

London's POV

"Howard and I are fine mother." I exclaimed for the hundreth time. Every Wednesday for lunch my sisters and I have lunch with my mother and she always pries into our lives.

"Well when I spoke to him he explained that you guys weren't in a good place," She glared at me, "You have a great man he's handsome and rich. You better keep him any woman would love to have a man like him by their side."

"Well I hope they come get him then." Shanelle tried to whisper under her breath but my mom still caught it.

"You don't have to worry about anyone tryin' to take your husband away from you. He can barely provide for you and your daughter so I know that no woman will try to take his broke ass from you." She turned her nose up at Shanelle before she began talkin' to Victoria. Mother loves Victoria's fiancé Hakeem. His mom is a doctor and his dad is a lawyer, which means that they have money and that's all mother see's.

"Why do we continue to come here if all she's goin' to do is talk shit 'bout our husbands and our lives?" Shanelle asked. I shrugged I continuously think the same thing as well. Why do we come here every Wednesday when we know it's goin' to be the same thing over and over.

Mother criticizes the way Shanelle and I dress, yet compliments Victoria who takes up for us, then we sit down and she tries to pry into our marriage and manages to not only criticize everythin' we do but piss us off to the max as well, then she gives Victoria compliments until lunch is over.

"London when are you goin' to give me grandchildren?" Mother placed her hawk like eyes upon me.

"When I feel the time is right." I gave her the same answer I gave her every time. What she doesn't know is that I've been wanted kids since Howard and I first got married but then he began showin' his true colors and I refuse to have kids with someone like that. Besides Howard doesn't want any kids while I can't wait for the day that I become pregnant.

"Well you need to hurry up. I'm not gettin' any younger." She sipped her mimosa.

"Hell everybody can see that." Shanelle whispered. Her and I tried to hold our laughter in but a few giggles slipped out anyway until we both were laughin' loudly in the restaurant.

"Girls! Shanelle I know your husband can't take you to a fancy place like this so you don't know proper ettiequte but you speak and act accordingly in a place like this. London I know you should know better, you both better get some sense." Mother hissed at us.

Victoria sensed the tension and tried to change the subject, "Mother you already have a gorgeous granddaughter already. You should go see her sometime and spend some time with her."

She made a noise that sounded like 'hmm' before she turned her nose up and looked away from Victoria. Victoria reached in her purse and pulled her phone out then angled the screen towards Mother.

"Look at how beautiful she is." Victoria showed mother the photo of our gorgeous niece Tia.

" Victoria showed mother the photo of our gorgeous niece Tia