Chapter Eighteen

Ava's POV

"Night ladies." I spoke to my two best friends as I exited the cab that they currently occupied. My girls and I went to a restaurant and caught up with each other's lives because it's been forever since we've hung out.

They're both so busy now-a-days with their husbands and kids, that we don't spend as much time together as we used to. Which I figured would happen once they got married and created lives with their husbands. I'm happy for the both of them, genuinely happy, but sometimes I want what they have and I often envy them because they're living the lives I wish to live.

Gia Duncan and Daja Carter are my best friends since high school. They've had my back through thick and thin and I always could count on them. They were there for me for my first heartbreak and to pick me up when I became insecure about myself. We were the type of friends that when you see one, you see the other two as well. We're still that way just not as often as before with all of our lives being busy, so it was nice to catch up with my girls and have a relaxing night.

"Night girly, we'll text you when we make it home safely. Love you!" Gia yelled out the window as the cab driver began to pull off.

"Love you both, be safe." I yelled before opening the door to my apartment complex.

Silence welcomed me once entering which wasn't unusual being that it's past eleven o'clock at night. When passing the security room I glanced inside to say hello to Larry, the security guard that my pops hired to look out for me since I'm living on my own. I noticed Larry watching the security cameras while also watching tv at the same time.

"You know this is last weeks episode right Larry?" I questioned when I noticed that he was watching Real Housewives Of Atlanta.

"Yeah I know, I watched it already but this episode is so full of drama that I had to watch it again." He smiled while shoving his face with popcorn as I laughed at him.

"Yeah, that's true. Well I just wanted to pop in and say hello, I'm beat so I'm going to go on and head on up and get some much needed rest. Has there been any unwanted guests as of lately?" I asked.

He swallowed before speaking, "No, but Ava I really don't like keeping this from your family, when they find out that I've been keeping important information like this away from them they're going to be pissed. You know how your father and brothers are."

I sighed, "I know Larry and I truly apologize for making you keep this from them but we aren't on the best of terms at the moment so I want to try to handle this on my own."

"I get it, but you know that no matter what sort of terms you are on with them that they will be here in a flash ready to protect you. But it's your decision and I'll honor your wishes even though it very well may get me killed," he chuckled, "But to answer your question, no there hasn't been any unwanted visitors it's been really quiet honestly which is kind of starting to worry me so I hired some more secuirty guards."

"Did you tell my pops about hiring more security guards?" I asked.

"No, I couldn't otherwise he would ask me why there's a need for more secuirty guards if there's no danger." He stated.

I nodded, "Yeah, great idea. Well I'm going to go I don't wanna keep you from your reality tv." I laughed.

Larry stood up wiping the fallen popcorn from his chest to the floor, "I'll walk you to your door."

"There's no need Larry as you've said it's been quiet so I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" He asked looking uneasy.

"Yes, I am but if you feel the need to protect me you can walk me to the elevator." I told him.

He smiled and followed me out of the security office and to the elevator while filling me in on the episode that he's currently watching. He had me dying laughing recreating the scene with Kandi telling Marlo "Bitch I'm worldwide." I let him explain the episode even though I watched it myself because he loves his reality tv shows.