Way Overdue

Wood

Wood

I haven't left the room in two days. I am in here in a smog of cigarette smoke and sustained purely on vodka. With a fucking piece of paper in my hand. I have studied it again and again for hours.

Fuck, fuck, what the hell am I doing? Am I that far gone? Have I finally snapped beyond repair? But I can't shake this feeling that churns in my stomach. I need to be sure.

I look at the frozen frame for the millionth time. The woman on it is freaking beautiful. Her eyes are the same one's as.. I can't even fucking...! They are the same as Iris's! And it's not just the eyes. Her face, her lips. The only difference is that if Iris was a breathtaking girl, this one is a gorgeous woman. She is taller than Iris and fuller, curvier. And then it's that look.

I grab the bottle and bring it to my lips as I look into those eyes. It should be fucking lust taking a hold of me as they look seductively at the man waiting for her. But it's protectiveness. Underneath the heavy lids, the sexy look, the pouting of her lips, I see it. Fear. Fuck!

I get up and open my wardrobe and I glance at the color-arranged clothes I have there. I pick one and throw a perfectly ironed tee over my shoulders. Then I clean the coffee table I have in my room that is filled with cigarette buds and I open the window to let some fresh air in before I vacuum the room. Next is my messy bed. I change bedsheets, throw them in the bin and I make the bed the same way I did in our barracks the middle of the desert. Yeah, I am weird like that. I need control over things and I take it when I can.

I glance at my room and then I head out. It's still early in the morning and there's no one in yet and I am sure my brothers are so hanged-over that they won't be up till noon. I am glad I got to avoid the third-degree. It feels nice to have a team once more, but sometimes I want to hide away and keep them off my case. Sometimes? Try all the time.

I get out and light a cigarette. I glance across the street and I see Bjorn and Iris have opened the garage early. There a few cars in line and at least two of them race in the local illegal races. It's the ridiculous colors. Good. Iris will be busy. Still, I don't want to fucking do this. He is the last person I need to see right now. Or any other day. But I need to know.

I make my way hastily to the tattoo parlor, not thinking about it too much. If Iris is in, I can be damn sure Rage is in too. He never lets her too far out of his sight, the fucking possessive asshole. Not that I blame him. If Iris was mine...She is not yours, you motherfucker!

I push the door of the parlor and brace. Of all the brothers in our midst, I am the only one that hasn't got a custom-made tatt from him. That is a pity cause the man has some mad skills. But for me? I don't think Rage would ever tattoo anything other than the inside of my open chest.

Rage knows how I feel – felt - about Iris and he simply hates me. I am sure that if I didn't wear the Rider cut, I'd be torn in pieces slowly so he could hear me scream, just cause I even thought about his woman that way. And as he turns to look at me, I see exactly that feeling take over him.