Finding Treasure

Wood

Once was enough. Twice is a bit too much and I hope I won't have to live this again. Cause once more, I am watching a target and Rage is seething beside me.

"Is it time?" he asks for the millionth time.

"Not yet, brother."

I am as anxious as he is but this has to be done right, quickly and efficiently. That third brother was spawned from the same bad seed as the other two and he seems to be aware that his brothers are dead. He has upped his security and never stays alone for too long.

We have been tracking him for a week and he has used every method available to make our life difficult but between me and Stig he was fighting a lost cause. We have discovered a hole in his schedule. Every day, for less than an hour he ditches his bodyguards and takes every precaution, including identical cars, so that he can come to a house in the suburbs.

Stig says the house is one of the hundred he seems to own but it's one of the few that are not occupied. It's a typical suburban house and even the car he uses is a typical soccer mum car. He even has a gardener take care of the bushes growing outside. What the hell?

He never stays long, just a quick stop and then he rushes out of the house to meet his guards. So far he hasn't changed his schedule, so that means we have gone unnoticed.

"We'll do it there," I say to Rage. "We'll get inside the house and ambush him."

"When?"

I look up through the restaurant window. Everyday a new restaurant in the city, some diners, some expensive hotel ones. He changes his routine all the time. Everything but that house. Does he have a family there? We have never seen anyone get out or in. Just him and some groceries. It's the only constant in his day. That and the club he owns but that place was turned into a fortress.

I check my watch. In an hour he will take that ridiculous car and drive up the to the suburbs. This time he will find more than he bargained for.

"Today is the day, brother!"

His grin is the scariest thing I have ever seen and I have been to war. He has been on edge all these days, sniffing his victim but not hunting. And being away from Iris hasn't helped. I share a room with him to keep him in check and I barely sleep by his mumbling. He spends half the night whispering his Valkyries name and the other on the phone with her.

I get him. I don't get much sleep either away from Tamie. I find peace only in her arms and away from her I feel vulnerable once more. She has pushed me to tell her about this mission as if she knew that it was about her but I spared her. When it's done, I'll let her know that all the men that hurt her got what was coming to them.

I take my phone to call Vince that is watching the place we are about to enter.

"Yeah?"

"All quiet?"

"Nothing changed. No movement inside, no lights, no one at the windows," Vince reports.

"We are coming your way. We are doing this today."

"Fucking finally! I miss Valhalla and the studio."

"You miss the bitches sucking your dick," I chuckle.

"Of course I do! Let's get this over with so I can go back having my dick worshipped."

"Meet you there, asshole," I shake my head.

Leave it to Vince to think of his dick at a time like this. I put my phone away and I look at Rage. The motherfucker is grinning and I don't see my brother anymore. The Hellhound is out and I hate being in a car locked with that animal. Only thing to keep him in check is blood. So, I start the car and drive to our hunting grounds.