Party Invitation

Tamie

Who knew that being held as a sex slave by ruthless people and survive makes college seem like a walk in a park? But it did. I was so scared to be in the real word, amongst real people but at some point, I realized that this is all too easy.

You got a schedule, you follow it, you learn things, you meet people, you do the work required. No beatings, no hurting, no tying up on beds, no sweaty men crawling over you. If I survived Daultrey and Freddie, I can sure as hell survive college!

"Will you be coming tomorrow?"

I smile at the girl standing next to me, Lauren. We met in class and she too is older than the rest of the college kids so she approached me. She has delayed getting into college because she has a kid she raises with her mother.

When she asked me why I got later in college, I panicked. It's not that I could go around telling random people what has happened to me. "I was sold by my own mother to be a sex slave to some really sick people" is not a great conversation starter. And it's not good. Not for me. I know damn well what I went through, what I am still going through and what I will be carrying around for the rest of my life. It's not right for them. They don't need to know how bad life can get. So I lied. I said I m travelled the world or something like that.

"I will."

We stand outside the college for a while to exchange some notes on classes and see if we can arrange some studying around her baby's schedule. And that's when I get the same feeling, that someone is watching me. I look up and look around and I see him. Wood! He is sitting on his bike, his cut over his t-shirt, his head turned to me.

The flutter in my heart is unbearable. I knew I have missed him but seeing him there, in all his glory under the sun, I almost cry. I need his warm embrace so much. He is there, across the street, so close I can almost smell that absolutely clean smell of his. He came for me.

I leave Lauren and I take a step to him. I almost sense the leather seat between my legs, his muscled back against my chest, his abs under my hands. I long for that man, I long for a kiss, a true long kiss like Rage gives Iris all the time. And I want him, I want his body on mine, to give me the same pleasure he did on our drunken night. But I don't get the chance.

When he sees that I noticed him, he sits straight and I see that his lips move as if ready to say something. I have taken only a second step to him, when he shakes his head, revs the bike and rides hastily away, as if he was chased by a mortal enemy. And I am left there, paused, hitting the wall of his rejection once more.

"Tamie?" Lauren looks at me worried. "You know that guy?"

I look down and at my feet with a deep frown on my face.

"No, I guess I don't," I respond. "I thought I did but I guess I was wrong."

"Oook," she looks at me as if I was crazy. "So, are we up for tonight?"

"Sure."

I am ready to tell Lauren my goodbyes when I see a boy from the college come straight to us though he keeps his eyes on me. He is good-looking with blonde hair and brown eyes and that look that makes the girls around him melt.

"You are new, right?"

He stands before me and shamelessly checks me out from head to toe though I made a point of covering most of me up. I know that there had been a ton of girls that swoon when he looks at them like that but those girls haven't been through what I have.

"I am."

"My name is Logan."

"Nice to meet you," I say while trying not to smile at Lauren's dropped jaw.