Real Names

Wood

Wood

That's exactly where Tamie is supposed to be. Here in my arms, That's where she fucking belongs and I don't care what my fucked-up brain says, she fits right in. I was a goddamn fool to think otherwise, to keep my distance, to push her away.

I walk up the little slope and I put her down by my bike that was hidden behind a bush. Tamie looks at the set cameras and the binoculars and then turns to me.

"You were watching me," she says.

"I did," I don't lie.

"Why?"

"Why?" I smile as I wrap up the equipment. "Cause I fucking care for you, kitten, and I want you safe."

"I am safe with you but you..."

I stop what I am doing and I look at her. She is standing exactly where I left her as if waiting for a command to move freely. A depraved part of my soul finds that appealing. But I shut it down as soon as I see the hurt in her eyes.

"I was wrong," I state simply.

I don't know what the fuck I am going to do, how it will sit with Iris and Rage and the rest of the Riders but I am not letting Tamie go. Ever. I fought it, I did for so long. Fruitless attempts of a fool. Tamie is mine! It took a stupid college boy to make me realize that I can't live without her, that I want to keep her safe always but so be it. She is mine!

"Wood?"

Tamie is still pinned on the grass and looks at me with longing. I have broken that girl bad, I can see as much. I pulled her in and pushed her away as if she was some doll. The thought of that night, crying in my arms, saying she is a good girl comes and I tighten my jaw.

"I am sorry, Tamie," I shake my head. "Fuck. How many times have I asked you to forgive me?"

"Three now," she answers.

A smile is slowing blooming on her lips. I drop what I am doing and I go round the bike to be close to her. She leans her head up and looks me in the eyes.

"Is that true, kitten?"

"It is. This is the third time you asked me to forgive you. It could be the millionth and the result would be the same."

She takes one small step closer, places one hand on my chest and the other cups my face. She draws me in with those blue-grey eyes of hers and I am stunned like a damn rabbit in headlights.

"I will always forgive you, Wood," she says.

I am shaken to my core and I lift a hand to caress her cheeks. My breaths come in deep as I try to control the tempest in me. That's all I ever wanted in my life. Someone to tell me that it's alright, that I fucked up and made mistakes but that I am forgiven.

I say nothing, I just pull her to me and I take her lips in a kiss. Her lips are so soft, her scent so potent. When our lips move, they do so in synch, as if they have been doing it forever. But it is the first time I properly kiss her. Not woken up by a nightmare, not with us both drunk out of heads. A real, first kiss, sweet and slow.