Drunken State

Wood

I have been living off vodka and tequila for days now. I have no energy to do shit. I don't cook, I don't work out and I drag myself to meetings. I do nothing but drink and stay in my room. And fuck that Riley once or twice.

That last shit left me emptied and dry and fucking ashamed. I kicked her out of the room after, disgusted by myself and I crumbled into the shower, waking up there this morning. Haven't left the room since but to stumble to the bar and get a new full bottle to drink.

It must be night outside, I see the darkness coming through the window and I feel that exhaustion I know will never bring sleep in the end. I am laying on the couch in my jeans and I look at the fucking bed, perfectly made, unspoiled. Haven't slept on it since Tamie was here. Since that night, the only night after a fuck-load of years I got a real shut-eye. I sleep on the couch and here is where I fucked that rotter. Wasn't going to let her ass touch where Tamie's sacred body slept.

Tamie. Tamie. Tamie. Always fucking Tamie. All the fucking time, constantly in my head, in my eyes, in me. I shut my eyes but the image of Tamie standing in the sun with her eyes shut and that smile on her face doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I get up and I put my bare feet on the floor and my elbows on my knees, running my fingers through my hair. Fuck, fuck, fuck! My hand goes for a bottle on the table and I empty it when the door knocks.

"Go the fuck away!" I yell since I am in no mood.

"Wood, open the fucking door," I hear Vince knock again.

I get up and pull the door wide open, looking at him as if he was my worst enemy. One more fucking word, one stupid question and I will grind the motherfucker down.

"Hold your fucking horses, soldier," Vince smiles his trademark, shit-eating grin. "There's some shit going down."

I try to sober up and look back into my room, looking at the closet I keep my guns into. If the club is under attack...

"Not that kind of trouble," Vince's face goes serious.

"Stop fucking around, Vince, and fucking tell me before I punch your fucking face."

Vince licks his lips and looks down the hall at the bar. Nothing much fazes the asshole but I see that he hesitates telling me what the fuck is wrong.

"Tamie is here," he delivers with his baritone voice.

"Tamie?" I am more than sober now.

It's a weekday, not a family day and no one but brothers and rotters come in for a good time. What the fuck is Tamie doing here?

"Is she OK?" I am scared that something happened to her.

Did that trafficking ring find out about her and came after her? Is she in trouble? Once more, my thoughts go to my gun closet. I will kill any fucker coming for Tamie and I will make him regret it.

"Define OK," the brother answers enigmatically.

"Quit fucking around, bror, cause I am not in the fucking mood."

"You'd better come and see."

I furrow my brows at the comment. Something tells me that I am not going to like what I am about to see but I follow Vince down the corridor and out to the bar.

It takes me some time to scan the place and pierce through the thick fog of smoke. At first, all looks normal. Stig is sitting with his laptop at a booth, Jab and Tar are playing pool with some guys, Tor has put a rotter on a table and drinks shots off her naked body.