Confusing Thoughts

Tyler's POV

"Where did you and your father go today?" Seth asked me, his attention focused on the screen in front of him as he clicked the game control violently trying to beat my character.

Without losing focus either, I answered. "We went on a road trip."

"Ahh I see. I bet that was awesome." Seth replied and I nodded.

"It was cool." I confessed.

The day spent with my dad today was indeed awesome. Dad had stood by his promise and came to visit me early this morning at around six o' clock. We spent almost the entire day out as Dad stopped everywhere during the trip. It was an amazing day, which wasn't really surprising. I really like hanging out with him because we always have an amazing time.

When Dad brought me back home, it was two in the afternoon. I came over to Seth's house after because we had planned to watch a football game on the television. However, the game wasn't scheduled to start until four o' clock, so we've been here killing time playing video games since then.

"Oh yes!" Seth exclaimed in triumph after he successfully killed my character. "Once again, I'm the champion."

"Dude, it was pure luck." I replied, getting comfortable in the recliner I was sitting on.

Seth snorts. "You mean, pure talent." He then placed the game controller that was in his hands on the table beside the couch and stood up. He went to the kitchen and appeared a few seconds later with two soda cans in his hands. He tossed one to me and I caught it. "Is it time for the game yet?"

I looked at the time on my phone. It was five minutes to four. "It's about to start now."

Seth unplugged his Xbox and turned the channel on the television to the sports channel. He then walked back to the couch and sat down.

"Did you see the game yesterday?" Seth asked. "I didn't get a chance to see it."

I pop the top of the soda before shaking my head. "No, I didn't see it either. Emily and I went to a roller skating arena yesterday after school."

As I took a drink of the soda, I noticed Seth turned his head to face me through the corner of my eyes. His eyebrows were lifted in a surprised notion. "You took Emily to a roller skating arena?" He asked as if I hadn't just said that.

"Yeah." I replied, not understanding what the big deal was.

"You know, I've been noticing small things and I noticed that you like spending time with her." Seth said.

I looked over at him then. "What are you on about? Dude, I don't enjoy spending time with her, well at least not in the way you're obviously suggesting." I assured. Seth looked unconvinced so I added. "I just took her to a roller skating rink. There is nothing else to it. I really don't understand why you are making a deal about it."

Seth raised both hands up in defence. "Okay fine, it's just as you said." He said, but he was still grinning like a banshee. I then hear him whispered under his breath. "I'd never thought I'd see this day."

Shaking my head at whatever he was referring to, I turn my attention back to the television screen. I really didn't know what the big deal was. In one of our conversations, Emily had said that she hadn't been roller skating before and she really wanted to try it. After thinking about it, me being a nice person, decided to bring her to a roller skating rink, so she could do what she always wanted.

And that was just it.

So I don't understand why Seth would make an assumption like that. I guess Seth was just being Seth, I surmised, shaking my head once again. I down the last of my soda as the football game started.

After the football game ended, I went home. It didn't take me long to get home, because Seth lived about fifteen minutes from where I did.

As I turn into my front yard and cut the engine, I noticed Emily's stepmother's car just pulling into the driveway of their house. When the car parked, Emily and her stepmother got out. They both looked over in my direction and saw me just as I stepped from my car.

"Hello Tyler." Mrs. Samuels called waving her hand.

"Hi Mrs. Samuels." I greeted. She smiled before walking inside the house.

Emily, who was on the other side of the car, closed the passenger side door and walked around to the other side where she was now facing me. "Look who's just coming in after a long night out." She said.

I lifted an eyebrow teasingly. "You missed me?"

She crossed her arms and made up her face in a way that always have me smiling. "No, I did not."

I grinned at her. "Just admit it, Samuels, you were just waiting impatiently for me so that you can see my pretty face once again."

She glared at me and I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know why, but I love to tease her to get a reaction. She then uncrossed her arm and rest one hand on her hip. "Okay then. If that makes you sleep better."

I winked at her. "It does actually."

Emily laughed at my comment. One of those laughs that lit up her entire face and caused her brown eyes to twinkle. I couldn't help it, I felt my lips pulled into a responding smile as I watched her. When she stopped laughing, her eyes connected with mine again and for some unknown reason, I felt my heartbeat picked up.

I immediately cleared my throat, trying to rein in this unknown feeling. What was that about anyway? I know there was nothing between us but the fact that we're pretending to date, so why was I feeling like this?

I don't know what it was, but this is really confusing. This is a completely new territory for me.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, Emily spoke again. "Good night Tyler."

I lifted my hand in a wave. "Good night."

She smiled at me once again, before turning and walking into her house.

Rubbing my hand over my face, I walked over to the front door of my house and head inside.

What is really happening to me?

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 😊

Please vote if you did and comment your thoughts.

Chapter dedication to mia66889 Well for one, for being such an awesome commenter and also for your wonderful support. Thank you so, so much!! ❤❤ Also, you really wanted a chapter in Tyler's point of view....well, this is for you 😉

Please remember, you are all beautiful in your own way 💕

Stay unique!

Alecia