Deception

I was walking through the parking lot at school the next day when I heard someone called my name. I turned around to see Logan walking towards me.

"Can I talk to you for a bit?" He asked when he stood in front of me. I nodded my head and indicated for him to say what he's got to say. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry."

I sighed. "Logan, you've told me this already. We've been through this and I'm tired." I interjected.

"No, I mean I'm sorry to be coming at you and forcing us to get back together." He clarified. I stared at him, shock by his apology. "I've listened to what you said the last time we spoke and you're absolutely right."

"Really?" I was really surprised about this sudden change.

He nodded. "Yes. I wasn't being fair to you by forcing what could never be."

"You're right, you weren't." I agreed.

He winced at my words. "I know and I'm really sorry about that. You deserve better."

I was watching him closely wondering if he was messing with me, but I didn't hear any humour behind his words. "Okay." I said because I didn't know what else to say.

He stood there for a while before he said. "Just so you know I really didn't mean for any of this to happen."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, but it did because we weren't meant for each other. You know it and I know it."

"I know that now. I wish things were different, but I'll have to learn how to accept it." He replied admittedly. "I also will just have to come to terms that you may have found that with someone else."

"Yeah." I said nodding my head. "Can I ask why the sudden change?"

"After what you said to me, I did some thinking. I also couldn't stand the idea of you hating me." He confessed.

"I don't hate you. I don't like what you've done but I don't hate you." I admitted truthfully.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about all that." He repeated his apology.

I shrugged my shoulders. "What's done is done. We can't change it, but we can move on from it. I have and you should too." Logan just nodded his head. "Well, I have to go now."

He stuffed his hands in his pants pockets. "Of course. Bye Emily."

"Goodbye Logan." I said as I turned and walked away from him.

++++++

After I finished all my assignments that evening, I left my house deciding to take a walk to the nearby park. I just wanted to be alone for a while to think about things.

I walked around the park for about fifteen minutes when I decided to take a seat on a park bench. I sat there for a while watching the people at the park. I wasn't thinking about anything at the current moment. It just felt good to watch the scenery and clear my head.

"Hello." I heard a voice say behind me after I was sitting there for five minutes. I turned around to see who the voice belonged to.

My eyes widen in surprise as I saw Andrea. She stood with a smile on her face that didn't seem friendly at all. In fact it looked forced.

"Hello." I said hesitantly, not sure why she was talking to me.

She walked around the bench and came and stood in front of me. "Emily right?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"I know Tyler must have told you about me. We used to date." She related. I didn't know why she was telling me this. I looked at her not say anything, so she continued. "I'm just giving you a heads up, don't get too comfortable."

"What?" I asked, confused as to what she was talking about.

She crossed her arms and gave me a pointed look. "I said don't get too comfortable being with Tyler. It's not going to last."

She didn't know that Tyler and I were fake dating and she also didn't know that we ended it. However, I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of telling her that, so I decided to just go along with it. "Why would you say that?"

She gave a short laugh that I thought to be condescending. "Tyler and I are end game. We're meant for each other. I just wanted you to know that it will only be a matter of time before he leaves you."

Who did this girl think she was? She was so full of herself, that was for sure.

Well, I wasn't going to let her get the better of me, so I stood up from the bench. "I wish I could stay here and indulge in this pointless conversation with you, but I have to be going. Also, I don't have to sit here and listen to you."

Ignoring what I said, Andrea just smiled sweetly. "Please don't embarrass yourself. Tyler doesn't want you and I can see why. Just look at you." As she said that she looked at me from head to toe with a snicker on her lips. "I don't know what sick game he is playing by dating you, because honestly you're not his type. He told me himself that he's going to end it with you so that we could be together again."

I froze at her words. So Tyler was definitely going to end our fake dating before I did. I know he had all right to end it, but it still hurt like hell knowing that.

However, I wasn't going to stay here and let her talk to me this way. I also won't let her see my reaction to what she said.

"This conversation is over." I replied as I turned with confidence and walked away, without saying anything else to her.

As I turn around, I caught sight of her watching me with a victorious smile on her face.

What a bitch!

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Hii! :)

I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, don't forget to vote and share your thoughts.

Thank you all so much for reading my story. I know I've said this a lot, but I can't help myself. I really appreciate each and every one of you ❤

Chapter dedication to winter_w_mt 😊😊 Thank you so much for supporting my story and without knowing it, always motivating me to continue writing ❤❤

Only four chapters to go before the ending of this book 😞

Stay fabulous!! 😁😉

Alecia